These Pork Carnitas Nachos are a great sheet pan dinner or party appetizer. The nachos are topped with Homemade Queso and Chipotle Cream Sauce for the perfect finish!
Honestly, is there anything better than chips drenched in melted cheese then topped with an assortment of yumminess?! This Pork Carnitas Nachos with Homemade Queso recipe is one of my favorite guilty pleasure foods. It is perfect for a busy weeknight when I have leftover Crockpot Pork Carnitas, or for a party to share with friends.
This recipe is awesome because the meat can be made ahead of time and used for a variety of recipes like tacos, burrito bowls, and of course these nachos. Get your tummy ready for some goodness, because these nachos will leave you full and happy.
- A sharp knife and cutting board
- A small saucepan and whisk
- A cookie sheet
- A small bowl and spoon
- A mandolin-optional
- Crockpot Pork Carnitas
- Tortilla Chips
- Lime Juice
- Homemade Queso
- Chipotle Mayo
More Mexican Inspired Ideas
Baked Chicken Enchilada Dip
Chicken Enchilada Puffs
Vegetarian Enchiladas Recipe
Freezer Burritos Recipe
No, it would not be a good idea to freeze the finished pork nachos.
I do not recommend saving the nachos once they are assembled. It is best to dispose of any that you have leftover. Everything combined together can get funky if saved. However, you can save the pork and cheese in the fridge for up to 3 days and reassemble the nachos for leftovers. For more leftover ideas and tips for the pork see my Pork Carnitas Tacos recipe.
I love this simple homemade queso and think it goes great with the flavor of the pork. However, if you have a store bought favorite or one you already love and make toss it on there! If you are wanting to use shredded cheese then place the chips on a sheet pan and top with pork and cheese and warm in the oven until cheese is good and melted, about 10 minutes. Then top with extras like jalapeno and cilantro. If you are using a liquid cheese out of a jar just heat it up first then assemble your nachos.
You could use leftover chicken or steak. My tip would be that you don't use a meat with a competing flavor or marinade. Check out my Cilantro Lime Chicken or Citrus Skirt Steak for some alternative meat options. That would be no good. Stick with something in the Mexican spice family, or neutral like garlic or pepper.
Another option for a vegetarian twist would be using fajita veggies or cooked tofu.
I feature fresh cilantro, sliced jalapenos, sliced avocados, and sliced radishes for this nachos recipe. Some other great things you could use instead are:
- your favorite salsa or try my homemade blender salsa
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- Serrano peppers
- black beans
- cooked corn
- diced red pepper
Tried this Pork Nachos Recipe? Don't forget to comment and rate below!
Pork Carnitas Nachos with Homemade Queso
- 2 ½ Cups Crockpot Pork Carnitas Shredded
- 16 Oz Tortilla Chips
- 1 Fresh Jalepeno Diced or Sliced- Optional
- 4 Small Radish Thinly Sliced-Optional
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Avocado Sliced or Diced
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- ⅓-1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Mayo
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoon Chipotle Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a small saucepan add the butter and heat over medium heat until melted. Add in the flour and stir until combined, about 1 minute. Add the milk and whisk to avoid clumps and slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly add in both cheeses and continuously stir until melted.* Finally, add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Keep warm until ready to use.
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare extras by slicing or dicing jalapeno and avocado. Thinly slice the radishes with a sharp knife or mandolin. Remove fresh cilantro from stems, and juice lime if using fresh.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and cover evenly with tortilla chips. Top with warm Crockpot Pork Carnitas, Homemade Queso and Chipotle Cream Sauce. Next add additional extras like sliced jalapenos, radish, lime juice, and fresh cilantro. Alternatively, you could place all ingredients out and each individual could make their own plate. Enjoy!
Share with Your Friends!
Glad you enjoyed! 😀
We made this with pork carnitas leftovers. We didn't have all the ingedients so I substituted cut up zucchini and finely sliced redpepper for a little extra crunch and veggies.We liked having these additions. I'll definitely make this again.
Glad you enjoyed the nachos, and those sound like some great additions!
Great queso! Came together quick...used less flour.
Glad you liked it!
I love any kind of food that is crunchy, full of flavours and can be eaten by hands. This is deffffinitely a recipe for me!! yum 🙂
Amy | The Cook Report
These nachos look fantastic! I love the homemade queso on there 🙂
I love this! And thank you so much for including a vegetarian option, will definitely add this to our weekend meal plan x
Oh my, these nachos look perfect! I can't wait to try this for our next gathering ♥
Alexandra @ It's Not Complicated Recipes
This is my ideal dish! I love pork, and I love anything with these delicious flavours.
Yum! This is a beautiful meal.
These nachos look amazing, but it's the queso recipe that really has me drooling!