This quick and easy Pumpkin Salad Dressing is perfect for Fall. The dressing has a slight maple flavor and pairs great with salads and vegetables. Ready in only 10 minutes!
Holy Pumpkin Bateman! This Maple Pumpkin Salad Dressing is sweet, creamy and adds the perfect Fall touch to loads of dishes. This dressing is very simple to make and only takes 10 minutes to prep, and no cooking required. The dressing also requires minimal ingredients, most of which can be found at any ole' grocery store.
I love pairing this pumpkin and maple dressing with my Fall Harvest Salad or a big plate of roasted veggies. This is sure to be a hit with all you pumpkin lovers out there!
Maple Sugar: Maple sugar adds the perfect amount of sweetness to this dressing without overpowering the pumpkin. If you cannot find maple sugar you can substitute in brown sugar, or leave it out completely if you are avoiding added sugars.
Pumpkin: I like to use canned pumpkin, because it is readily available and easier overall. You can use a homemade pumpkin puree in its place if you wish, this will add more time to the recipe. Also, make sure you are using pure pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie filling.
Why You will OBSESS over this Dressing
Quick & Easy: Ready in Only 10 Minutes!
Minimal Ingredients Required
- Add all ingredients (except the olive oil) to a blender or food processor.
- Blend on medium speed for 1 minutes until smooth and well combined. The dressing will be thick.
- Turn the blender on low and slowly add in the olive oil. Once olive oil is in increase speed to medium until well combined. The mixture should not separate.
- Taste and adjust seasoning is desired, then serve with salad or recipe of choice. Enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Dressing
Store leftover pumpkin vinaigrette in an airtight container (mason jar or salad dressing jar work well) and store in the fridge for up to one week. Stir/shake the dressing before using.
Add the Oil Slowly: I recommend adding the oil in slowly to the rest of the ingredients. This will help the dressing become homogeneous and prevent separation.
Blend Don't Shake: Unlike other dressing recipes where you can just add everything together and shake, this pumpkin dressing requires blending. If you just shake everything together the olive oil will not fully incorporate leaving the dressing a strange texture.
Too Thick: I prefer my dressing on the more creamy side. For a more true vinaigrette texture you can add a but more olive oil to make the dressing less thick. Add a little at a time until the dressing is at your desired texture.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This Ninja Foodi Blender is perfect for this dressing and leaves the perfect creamy texture. A food processor or similar blender will also work.
I like to store my leftover dressing in a salad dressing shaker or mason jar.
A vinaigrette usually consists of 3 parts of oil to 1 part of vinegar whisked into an emulsion. Other herbs and spices like salt, pepper, thyme or garlic depending on the desired flavor profile.
I love pairing this pumpkin dressing recipe with a Fall Harvest Salad, roasted brussels sprouts, asparagus, or even with some mashed sweet potato.
You May Also Enjoy...
Homemade Pumpkin Maple Salad Dressing
- Add all ingredients (except the olive oil) to a blender or food processor. Blend on medium speed for 1 minutes until smooth and well combined. The dressing will be thick.
- Turn the blender on low and slowly add in the olive oil. Once olive oil is in increase speed to medium until well combined. The mixture should not separate. Taste and adjust seasoning is desired, then serve with salad or recipe of choice. Enjoy!