This post has been sponsored by Rubbermaid®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Sugar Cookie Fudge Recipe is an easy treat that’s perfect for both kids and adults this holiday season! Featuring festive sprinkles and beautiful red and green swirls, this is sure to be a hit.
The holiday season is officially among us, and what better way to celebrate than with some delicious Sugar Cookie Fudge?! Living far from my family means I am always looking for a secure and festive way to transport baked goods. The Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® not only do the job, they do so festively in three colors, including red, gold, and green. Also, I love that the sugar cookie fudge can been seen through the clear base—letting all the holiday deliciousness shine through. This holiday fudge recipe uses only a few basic ingredients and can be customized with festive holiday sprinkles and food coloring to create a fun swirl effect. It is no secret that I love making desserts for my friends and family during the holidays, and I love to bring sweets to share during our holiday gatherings. I hope you and your family love this easy holiday fudge recipe!
What You Need To Make This Sugar Cookie Fudge Recipe
This sugar cookie fudge recipe requires only basic ingredients and tools, which can all be found at your local Walmart! When it comes to holiday shopping, I like to keep things as simple and seamless as possible. Currently, my new favorite treat-myself activity is ordering my groceries online and then picking them up at the store. As a mom of two young sons, it isn’t always realistic to spend hours wondering the aisles looking for all of my recipe ingredients.
Along with that, it is getting cold here and the last thing I want to do is lug my children through the snow to get groceries. That is why I let someone else do the legwork for me and I get to stay in my warm car. Seriously, if you haven’t tried Walmart’s online grocery ordering and pickup, get on it! It is life changing! Find your local Walmart location here.
The kitchen tools you will need for this holiday fudge recipe are:
- A 9×9 or 8×8 Square Pan – Make sure the pan is not too large or the fudge will be super thin and not very fudgey.
- Parchment Paper and Cooking Spray – These make life so much easier. Getting the fudge out without them can be a pain.
- A Medium Saucepan
- Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® – If you are taking your Christmas Fudge on the road to share, then you will definitely need some of these! The Quik Clik seal makes sure the lid stays put and your easy sugar cookie fudge doesn’t escape! Also, they work wonderfully for storing leftover homemade Christmas fudge.
The ingredients you will need for this sugar cookie fudge recipe are:
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- A Sugar Cookie Box Mix
- Holiday Sprinkles – I went with red, white, and green for a Christmas theme, but you could use any color you prefer to fit a theme or holiday!
- Food Coloring – Same with the sprinkles, you can change the colors up depending on your personal preference.
How Do You Make Christmas Fudge
Fudge is one of my favorite treats to make during the holiday season. This sugar cookie fudge recipe is super simple and is always a hit with both kiddos and grown-ups! Since we live far from our family and travel during the holidays, I love making simple, delicious, and portable snacks to share. This sugar cookie fudge fits the bill and is super festive and pretty as an added bonus!
- Add the butter to the medium saucepan and let it melt over low heat.
- Next, add the white chocolate chips and stir—making sure the chocolate doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- Add the sugar cookie mix and stir until well incorporated. The fudge will be thick but stir-able and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in your holiday sprinkles of choice.
- Pour the fudge into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Add several drops of food coloring to the top of the fudge and swirl it into the middle using a spoon. Make sure not to swirl too many colors or the fudge will turn a muddy color. Also, you can add additional sprinkles to the top of the sugar cookie fudge and lightly press them in.
- Cover the Christmas fudge and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to eat, slice into pieces and serve.
Love Holiday Desserts?! Check These Out Next!
Leftover Storage Instructions for Christmas Fudge
This sugar cookie fudge recipe saves so well, making it great to prepare days ahead of time. When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this Christmas fudge will stay fresh for up to 3 weeks. If you are out of fridge space (holiday problems), then this homemade fudge can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 week. If you are anything like me and have a massive sweet tooth, then you can freeze this fudge recipe and enjoy it into the new year! To freeze the fudge, securely wrap it in cling wrap, then foil, and place the fudge in a large freezer bag. When ready to enjoy the fudge, you can let it defrost at room temperature or in the fridge until it has softened up a bit.
With the holidays almost here, I am all about baking and making treats with my son. He isn’t a big cake or cookie fan (so strange), but he is a massive fudge fan! This sugar cookie fudge is definitely going to be a new Christmas tradition in our home. Theo had a great time swirling the food coloring into the fudge and adding the sprinkles. Of course, his favorite part was eating the finished homemade fudge! I hope you, your friends, and your family have an incredible holiday season and enjoy this Christmas fudge recipe!
Did you love this Sugar Cookie Fudge Recipe? Leave me a comment down below!
Sugar Cookie Fudge Recipe with Holiday Swirls
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 12 Oz Bags White Chocolate Chips
- 1 14 Oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Cookie Box Mix
- 1/2 Cup Holiday Sprinkles Plus More for Top
- 8 Drops Red and Green Food Coloring
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and melt over low heat. Once melted, add the white chocolate chips to the saucepan and stir to avoid the chocolate from burning.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until combined. Add the sugar cookie mix and stir until the mix is incorporated. The fudge should be thick, smooth and stir-able.
- Remove from heat and stir in the holiday sprinkles. Pour the fudge into a parchment paper lined 8x8 (or 9x9) pan and smooth it out so it is distributed evenly.
- Add about 8 drops of food coloring to you fudge and use a spoon to swirl the colors into the fudge. Make sure not to swirl too much of the colors won't blend well.
- Cover and let set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. When ready to serve slice into squares and enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover homemade fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Fudge will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Christmas Fudge: You can freeze this fudge for up to 3 months! Wrap each piece of set fudge in cling wrap, then foil and place in a freezer bag. Let thaw in the fridge or at room temperature to soften up a bit when ready to enjoy.
- Perfect for any Holiday: Customize this holiday fudge with different sprinkles and colors to fit any theme or holiday.
calories 296 carbohydrates 38.3 protein 3.9 fat 14.7 saturated_fat 8.6 cholesterol 17 sodium 92 potassium 171 fiber 0.1 sugar 32.1 calcium 124
Thank You for Sharing!