This easy Garlic Parmesan Pretzel recipe is ready in about 10 minutes and requires little prep work. Makes a great party snack or appetizer!
Warning! Super simple and tasty appetizer ahead! Okay, jokes aside these Garlic Parmesan Pretzels make the perfect quick and easy appetizer or snacks for parties or game days. The pretzels are coated in garlic butter, baked then tossed in parmesan cheese for a tasty combination.
The entire recipe takes about 10 minutes and requires minimal prep work and ingredients. I love whipping these up and leaving them about and letting people casually snack on them. I hope these are a hit with your friends and family at your next get-together.
Pretzels: I like to use the mini twists the best, but any variety or brand of hard pretzels will work. Other ones to try would be pretzel sticks or the large twists.
Parmesan Cheese: I like to use grated parmesan cheese because I always have it on hand and it sticks well the the surface of the pretzels. You could also use fresh Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. This will give the pretzels a stronger parmesan flavor.
Why You Will LOVE This Recipe!
Ready Fast in About 10 Minutes
Perfect Easy Last Minute Party Appetizer
Mild Flavor Profile Great for Kids and Adults
Easy Prep and Minimal Ingredients Required
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute or until better in completely melted.
- Add spices and garlic to melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Add pretzels to the butter and spices and toss to combine.
- Place tossed pretzels on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake the pretzels in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Be careful not to overbake them or they will try out.
- Sprinkle pretzels with grated parmesan cheese and toss to combine. To help the cheese stick I like to spray with a little olive oil first.
- Once finished, remove from cookie sheet and serve immediately.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover Parmesan and Garlic Pretzels in an airtight container or bag then store at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. No need to heat them up again, just enjoy right out of the bag.
Eh, not really. Like all chips pretzels are high in salt and made with simple carbs. To make this recipe a bit healthier you can use whole-wheat or unsalted pretzels if you wish.
Sure, these can be prepped and baked ahead of time and stored in an airtight container appropriately. When ready to serve just play in a bowl and enjoy.
Make it Extra
For a little extra spice you can add in some paprika, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. I am a spice lover and the addition of just a pinch of one of these will really amp up the flavor.
Super Sticky: To help the parmesan cheese stick to the pretzels better, I like to spritz the pretzels with a little bit of olive oil first. This helps make the pretzels a bit tacky and makes the cheese stick to the surface instead of just sliding off.
Don't Overbake: You want to bake the pretzels for just a bit to make them warm and develop the garlic flavor. Do not overbake or they will try out and be hard.
You May Also Enjoy...
Easy Garlic Parmesan Pretzels
- 3 Cups Mini Twists Pretzels
- 4 tablespoon Butter Melted
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt Optional- See Notes
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley Optional for Serving
- Add melted butter, pepper, garlic powder, garlic to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in the pretzels and toss to combine. Place tossed pretzels on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Bake the pretzels in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Be careful not to overbake them or they will try out.
- Sprinkle pretzels with grated parmesan cheese and toss to combine. To help the cheese stick I like to spray with a little olive oil first. Once finished, remove from cookie sheet and serve immediately topped with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Love but no mention of baking Temp to use.
I fixed it!
What a easy, more-ish and totally delicious snack to serve with drinks - just perfect for a party! Thanks for the recipe.
The perfect party snack!
thanks for this simple and tasty recipe
You are welcome!
This looks like the best snack for movie night! I can't wait to make it!
I'm an avid fan of parmesan and recipe? Perfect. My afternoon snacks are prepared.
Glad u like it!
This is the perfect game day snack to have for football season. I'm sure these garlic parmie pretzels will be gone in an instant while they drink their beers!
Yep, these are perfect for football season!