These Air Fryer Avocados are easy to make, ready in only 15 minutes and only require a few basic ingredients. The avocados are warm and have a golden and crispy outside and make a great healthy breakfast or snack.
With the heat and humidity coming soon, I plan to utilize my air fryer even more in the coming months. These Crispy Air Fryer Avocados are super simple to make and ready in under 15 minutes. The seasoning can be easily adjusted to fit a variety of taste preferences and pair with different recipes.
These fried avocados work great for a quick breakfast topped with an egg, healthy snack with some fresh vegetables or tasty addition to a side salad.
Spices: I like to add a little spice to my avocados with some red pepper flakes, chili powder and paprika. These can be seasoned differently to fit your preference and pretty much any spice or seasoning goes.
Breadcrumbs: I like my combo of plain and panko breadcrumbs for a combination of good coverage and crispness. You can use both like me or just use panko breadcrumbs.
Avocados: I like to find some that are firm with some give. You don't want them to be super soft and squishy or they won't hold up when cooked.
Why You'll LOVE This!
Simple & Ready Fast in Under 15 Minutes
Works Great for a Healthy Snack or Breakfast
Versatile: Can be Eaten Alone or Added in to Different Recipe
- Use a sharp knife or avocado slicer to slice each avocado in half evenly.
- Carefully remove the seed.
- Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the avocado removing the skin. Repeat with each slice then place on prep plate.
- Sprinkle each slice of avocado with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all spices, panko breadcrumbs and plain breadcrumbs on a small plate or bowl and stir to combine.
- One at a time dip each avocado slice into the breading mixture and use your hands to coat the entire thing. Repeat with all the slices of avocado then move on to air frying.
- Once avocados are prepped, place each slice of avocado in your preheated air fryer (I used my 6 quart Ninja Foodi) in an even layer. Lightly mist with oil and close the lid. Air fry at 375 degrees F for 5-7 minutes until the avocados are warm, crispy and golden.
- Once finished, remove with tongs and serve warm. You can enjoy alone or check out some of my serving ideas down below.
These air fryer avocados do not save well once they are breaded and cooked. I recommend eating immediately after air fryer while warm. If you do have some leftover you can wrap in foil and store in the fridge up to overnight, but they will not be very crispy and the avocado will begin to brown.
Skip the Binder: I wanted to keep these fried avocados on the quick, easy and healthier side, therefore I did not use a binder like milk or eggs. The breadcrumbs stick fine to the smooth avocado and get crispy when air fried. I like the light texture or the breading and recommend not using a binder like you would in a traditional breading.
No Need to Flip: With a lot of air fryer recipes it is recommended to flip or toss the food halfway through. For this air fried avocado recipe flipping is not needed and they will cook and crisp up without flipping them.
Slice Carefully: When scooping out the avocado be sure to not scoop to deep. You want to get as much of the flesh out as possible from the peal without cutting in too deep. If you get some dents or slices in the avocados the recipe will still work they may just not sit as nicely on a plate.
My Must Haves for the Kitchen
My go-to air fryer is my 6 quart Ninja Foodi. The size works great for my family of four and everything always comes out crispy.
An avocado slicer makes prep work a breeze for this recipe.
Preheating an air fryer is not required, but doing so helps food cook fast, cook more evenly and come out crispier. I always recommend preheating first, but if you do not have time to or forget your food should turn out just fine.
There could be a couple reasons why your food isn't getting crispy when using an air fryer. First, when misting with oil be sure not to use too much. Oversaturating the breading will result in it being soggy and the breading possibly falling off. Second, you may be putting too much in your air fryer at one time. You want to have an even layer of food and make sure that things are not piled on top of each other. This allows the air tp circulate and cook the food evenly and makes it crisp up better.
Drizzle on Sauce: Top with your favorite hot sauce, a garlic aioli, balsamic glaze, dressing or even ranch dressing for a simple and tasty combo.
With an Egg: I love topping my air fries avocado with an egg. You could do scrambled, fried, or sunny side up. Your choice!
In a Salad: You could add this into a salad for a crispy crouton substitution.
Top with Fresh Herbs: Fresh basil, or cilantro go great with this recipe.
With Veggies: I enjoy adding some diced tomatoes, peppers or onion over the top of mine.
Add Some Cheese: Cheese makes everything that much better!
You May Also Enjoy...
Crispy Air Fried Avocados
- Use a sharp knife or avocado slicer to slice each avocado in half evenly and carefully remove the seed. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the avocado removing the skin. Repeat with each slice of avocado then sprinkle each one with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all spices, panko breadcrumbs and plain breadcrumbs on a small plate or bowl and stir to combine. One at a time dip each avocado slice into the breading mixture and use your hands to coat the entire thing. Repeat with all the slices of avocado.
- Place each slice of avocado in your preheated (optional, see notes) air fryer (I used my 6 quart Ninja Foodi) in an even layer. Lightly mist with oil and close the lid. Air fry at 375 degrees F for 5-7 minutes until the avocados are warm, crispy and golden. Once finished, remove with tongs and serve warm, enjoy!