This Baked Chicken Enchilada Dip is super cheesy and the perfect dip for any party or holiday! This easy appetizer is ready in about 40 minutes and always a hit at parties.
We are already rounding the corner to the end of January (how the heck did that happen so fast), which means we are also approaching the end of football season. This Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe is perfect for game days, Super Bowl parties, and of course holidays and other gatherings.
This easy baked chicken enchilada dip is cheesy and filled with so much Mexican inspired flavor and ingredients. This will quickly become your new go-to for any gathering, or a quick and tasty snack on the weekend to share with friends and family. Pair the enchilada dip with your favorite toppings for the perfect finish.
- A 7x11 inch baking dish: If you only have a 9x13 or 9x9 inch baking dish those will work as well. You may need to adjust the bake time to make sure the enchilada dip with chicken is heated all the way through.
- A large bowl
- A fork or spoon to stir with
- A can opener: Trust me, mine broke once and I had to pry the cans open with a knife (no fingers were lost during this incident)
- Serving dish or platter (Optional)
- Cooked Chicken Breasts: To save on time you could use some leftover Grilled Lime Chicken, or a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Black Beans: Canned or fresh work fine.
- Corn: Canned, fresh, or frozen corn works fine. If using canned make sure to strain them first.
- Shredded Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Diced Green Chilies
- Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Optional Extra Toppers
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Dip
This easy baked enchilada dip recipe is so simple and ready in just about 40 minutes.
- First, you will want to combine all your enchilada dip ingredients into a large bowl and mash and stir to combine. Personally, I like to has my cream cheese softened because it makes combining this dip so much easier.
- Once the enchilada dip is mixed add it to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until bubbling.
- An extra step you can take is adding additional shredded cheese to the top of the enchilada dip after 25 minutes in the oven. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted. You can skip this step if you wish, but I love the extra cheesiness.
- Finally, serve your baked chicken enchilada dip warm with additional toppings.
I absolutely love this baked Mexican dip with chicken on its own with some tortilla chips, but if you want to take it up a notch here are some of my favorite extras.
- Sour Cream (or Plain Greek Yogurt)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Diced Tomatoes
If you are making this enchilada dip with chicken recipe for a party or holiday I would suggest leaving the additional toppings on the side so that each individual can customize the dip to their liking. Of course if you know what you like then go ahead and pile everything on top!
Store baked enchilada dip in the fridge in an airtight container. When stored properly in the fridge this dip recipe will keep for up to 4 days.
There are three ways that you can re-warm this easy baked chicken enchilada dip recipe:
You can re-warm the enchilada dip in the microwave. Simply spoon the amount of chicken enchilada dip you would like into a microwave safe bowl, cover, and heat for 20-30 seconds until heated through.
You can warm the enchilada dip by baking it in the over. Place the chicken enchilada dip into a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is warm and bubbling.
You could rewarm the enchilada dip in a crockpot on the WARM setting for 1-2 hours, or until heated through. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the enchilada dip from burning.
I do not recommend freezing the dip, because the cream cheese will break down and leave the dip with a funky texture.
More Appetizer Ideas
Make the Dip a Meal: This Mexican style dip is very similar to my Chicken Enchilada Puffs recipe filling. You can swap this dip for the filling and utilize the leftover enchilada dip to make a wonderful dinner the following night.
Pinwheel Option: Instead of serving the dip with tortilla chips you can spread it into large burrito size tortillas and create pinwheels. Just be sure not to overfill them or they will seep out the sides and not hold together well.
Let me know how you liked this cheesy Mexican dip down in the comments below! Oh, and say hi as well of course.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mash and stir to combine. Pour dip into baking dish. Once oven is preheated cook on the middle rack for 25 minutes.
- Optional: After 25 minutes remove dip and top with additional shredded cheese and return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime juice, or your favorite salsa. Enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Re-heating Instructions: Re-heat leftovers in the microwave on oven until warm and bubbling.
Thank You for Sharing!