This Baked Chicken Enchilada Dip is super cheesy and the perfect dip for any party or holiday!
We are already rounding the corner to the end of January (how the heck did that happen so fast), which means we are also approaching the end of football season. This Chicken Enchilada Dip is perfect for game days, Super Bowl parties, and of course holidays and other parties. The dip is cheesy and filled with so much Mexican inspired flavor. This will quickly become your new go-to for any gathering, or a indulgent snack on the weekend. Pair with your favorite toppings for the perfect finish.
What Do You Need To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip?
Kitchen items you will need to make Chicken Enchilada Dip:
- A 7×11 inch baking dish
- A large bowl
- A fork or spoon to stir with
- A can opener: Trust me, mine broke once and I had to pry the cans open with a knife (no fingers were lost during this incident)
- Serving dish or platter: Optional
Note: If you only have a 9×13 or 9×9 inch baking dish those will work as well. You may need to adjust the bake time to make sure the dip is heated all the way through.
How Do You Make Chicken Enchilada Dip?
This dip recipe is so simple and ready in just about 30 minutes. First, you will want to combine all your ingredients into a large bowl and mash and stir to combine. Personally, I like to has my cream cheese softened because it makes combining this dip so much easier. Once the dip is mixed add it to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until bubbling. Next, you can add additional shredded cheese to the top and bake for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted. You can skip this step if you wish, but I love the extra cheesiness. Finally, serve your dip warm with additional toppings and enjoy!
I absolutely love this dip on its own with some tortilla chips, but if you want to take it up a notch here are some of my favorite extras.
- Sour Cream (or Plain Greek Yogurt)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Diced Tomatoes
If you are making this dish for a party or holiday I would suggest leaving the additional toppings on the side so that each individual can customize the dip to their liking. Of course if you know what you like then go ahead and pile everything on top!
Leftover Ideas and Storage
Should I store this dip in the fridge?
-Yes, absolutely. Anything that has meat or dairy products in it need to be stored in an airtight container to avoid the dish from spoiling. When stored properly in the fridge this Chicken Enchilada Dip will keep for up to 4 days.
How to I re-warm this dip?
-There are two ways that you can re-warm this dip. First, you can re-warm the dip in the microwave. Simply spoon the amount you would like into a microwave safe bowl, cover, and heat for 20-30 seconds until heated through. Second, you can warm the dip by baking it in the over. Place the dip into a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is warm and bubbling.
Can I freeze it?
Sure. I suggest just mixing the dip together and not baking it. Next, place the dip in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. Once you are ready to bake it defrost it completely either in the fridge over-night or running it under water for 30 minutes. Once the dip is completely defrosted, add it to a baking dish and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Can I make a meal out of this dip?
YES! This dip recipe is very similar to my Chicken Enchilada Puffs recipe filling. You can swap this dip for the filling and utilize the leftovers to make a wonderful dinner the following night.
Looking For More Appetizer Ideas?!
Shop This Recipe:
I make a small commission for purchases made through the links on this page.
Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Chicken Breasts Rotisserie Works Great!- Shredded
- 1 Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Or Store Bought Mix
- 10 Oz Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Diced Green Chilies
- 3/4 Cup Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 3 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Plus More For Topping-Optional
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
Suggested For Serving
- Tortilla Chips
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mash and stir to combine. Pour dip into baking dish. Once oven is preheated cook on the middle rack for 25 minutes.
- Optional: After 25 minutes remove dip and top with additional shredded cheese and return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime juice, or your favorite salsa. Enjoy!