This Baked Chicken Enchilada Dip is super cheesy and the perfect dip for any party or holiday! This easy appetizer is ready in about 40 minutes and freezer friendly!
Chicken Enchilada Dip: Easy Baked Appetizer
We are already rounding the corner to the end of January (how the heck did that happen so fast), which means we are also approaching the end of football season. This Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe is perfect for game days, Super Bowl parties, and of course holidays and other get to gethers. This easy baked chicken enchilada dip is cheesy and filled with so much Mexican inspired flavor and ingredients. This will quickly become your new go-to for any gathering, or a quick and tasty snack on the weekend to share with friends and family. Pair the enchilada dip with your favorite toppings for the perfect finish.
What Do You Need To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip?
The kitchen items you will need to make Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe:
- A 7×11 inch baking dish
- A large bowl
- A fork or spoon to stir with
- A can opener: Trust me, mine broke once and I had to pry the cans open with a knife (no fingers were lost during this incident)
- Serving dish or platter: Optional
Note: If you only have a 9×13 or 9×9 inch baking dish those will work as well. You may need to adjust the bake time to make sure the chicken enchilada dip is heated all the way through.
The ingredients you will need to make this easy baked chicken enchilada dip recipe are:
- Cooked Chicken Breasts
- Black Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Diced Green Chilies
- Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Optional Extra Toppers
How Do You Make Chicken Enchilada Dip?
This easy baked chicken enchilada dip recipe is so simple and ready in just about 40 minutes.
- First, you will want to combine all your enchilada dip ingredients into a large bowl and mash and stir to combine. Personally, I like to has my cream cheese softened because it makes combining this dip so much easier.
- Once the enchilada dip is mixed add it to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until bubbling.
- An extra step you can take is adding additional shredded cheese to the top of the enchilada dip after 25 minutes in the oven. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted. You can skip this step if you wish, but I love the extra cheesiness.
- Finally, serve your baked chicken enchilada dip warm with additional toppings.
Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe Serving Suggestions
I absolutely love this baked chicken enchilada dip on its own with some tortilla chips, but if you want to take it up a notch here are some of my favorite extras.
- Sour Cream (or Plain Greek Yogurt)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Diced Tomatoes
If you are making this chicken enchilada dip recipe for a party or holiday I would suggest leaving the additional toppings on the side so that each individual can customize the dip to their liking. Of course if you know what you like then go ahead and pile everything on top!
Baked Enchilada Dip Leftover Ideas and Storage
How should I store leftover chicken enchilada dip?
Store baked chicken enchilada dip in the fridge in an airtight container. When stored properly in the fridge this Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe will keep for up to 4 days.
How do I re-warm baked enchilada dip?
There are three ways that you can re-warm this easy baked chicken enchilada dip recipe:
- You can re-warm the enchilada dip in the microwave. Simply spoon the amount of chicken enchilada dip you would like into a microwave safe bowl, cover, and heat for 20-30 seconds until heated through.
- You can warm the enchilada dip by baking it in the over. Place the chicken enchilada dip into a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is warm and bubbling.
- You could rewarm the chicken enchilada dip in a crockpot on the WARM setting for 1-2 hours, or until heated through. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the enchilda dip from burning.
Can I freeze homemade chicken enchilada dip?
Sure. I suggest just mixing the dip together and not baking it. Next, place the baked dip in a freezer bag for up to 2 months. Once you are ready to bake it defrost it completely either in the fridge over-night or running it under water for 30 minutes. Once the dip is completely defrosted, add it to a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Can I make a meal out of this chicken enchilada dip recipe?
YES! This easy chicken enchilada dip recipe is very similar to my Chicken Enchilada Puffs recipe filling. You can swap this enchilada dip for the filling and utilize the leftover enchilada dip to make a wonderful dinner the following night.
Looking For More Appetizer Ideas?!
Shop This Recipe:
I make a small commission for purchases made through the links on this page. See Disclosure for more information.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Suggested For Serving
- Tortilla Chips
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mash and stir to combine. Pour dip into baking dish. Once oven is preheated cook on the middle rack for 25 minutes.
- Optional: After 25 minutes remove dip and top with additional shredded cheese and return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime juice, or your favorite salsa. Enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Re-heating Instructions: Re-heat leftovers in the microwave on oven until warm and bubbling.