Looking for a light and healthy dressing to pair with salads, wraps and more?! Check out this Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing packed with honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic!
Can we all agree that the best part of a salad is the dressing?! This is always the case for me at least. This Honey Balsamic Dressing is super simple to make and comes together in just 5 minutes.
This easy balsamic vinaigrette is also healthy and can be paired with tons of recipes that go beyond the typical salad. I am on a big salad and dressing kick lately, and this is one of my go-to dressings I enjoy basically everyday. Hopefully you love and find tons of uses for this easy homemade dressing!
- A Mason Jar, Dressing Bottle or Medium Bowl- Personally, I like using a mason jar for my dressing, because I can use it to combine the dressing, shake it then store the leftovers all together. You could also use a dressing bottle for the same all in one effect. If you do not have either you could use a bowl to combine all the balsamic dressing ingredients then whisk them together.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A Whisk (is using a bowl)- If you are going with the bowl method then you will need the whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- A Storage Container for Leftovers- If you are using a mason jar or dressing bottle you can store the leftovers in that. If not, you can use a glass or plastic storage container.
- Olive Oil: Either Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Light Olive Oil will work for this balsamic salad dressing.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Honey- You could leave the honey out if you are avoiding added sugars.
- Dijon Mustard
- Minced Garlic
How To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
This easy balsamic dressing comes together in only 5 minutes and requires zero cooking. All you have to do for thi recipe is measure, combine and shake. Super simple and perfect for those just starting out in the kitchen or seasoned pros.
- Measure out all of your ingredients and add them into a mason jar, dressing bottle or a medium sized bowl.
- If using a mason jar or dressing bottle shake the balsamic dressing until combined. Alternatively, if using a bowl whisk the dressing until completely combined.
- Serve the dressing immediately with recipe of choice (check out the suggestions below) or store leftovers in the fridge.
For a more detailed look at prep for this Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe check out the recipe video.
More Dressing Recipes
This homemade balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing saves well and will stay good for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. I like to store my leftover dressing in an old mason jar with a lid. Other great options are a glass or plastic storage container, or an airtight dressing bottle. When you are ready to enjoy your balsamic dressing make sure to shake/stir the dressing to ensure everything is well combined and enjoy with meal of choice. Also, I do not recommend freezing this vinaigrette dressing recipe.
I love to use balsamic vinaigrette dressing on salads (of course), wraps, over chicken, fancy toast recipes, drizzled over roasted veggies, and even as a marinade for meats. This dressing is definitely versatile and can be used in a number of ways. Some of my favorite recipes to use this healthy balsamic vinaigrette dressing are:
- Healthy Apple Spinach Salad
- Baby Kale and Avocado Salad
- Marinated Portobella Burgers
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic
- Bruschetta with Seared Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic & Burrata
- Caprese Orzo Pasta Salad
- One-Pan Caprese Chicken and Baby Potatoes
I hope you and your family LOVE this Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing! I would love to hear from you, don’t forget to comment and rate below!
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Measure and combine all ingredients into a mason jar, dressing bottle or bowl.
- If using a mason jar or dressing bottle, shake dressing until well combined. If using a bowl, whisk the dressing until combined. Serve immediately or store leftovers for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover balsamic dressing in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Ingredient Substitution: If you want to make this recipe vegan you can leave out the honey and add 1 tsp of white granulate sugar instead. If you are avoiding all added sugars you can leave the honey out and no replace it with anything. The flavor will change slightly, but still be a great vinaigrette.
- I do not recommend freezing this homemade dressing.
Thank You for Sharing!