This Grilled Cinnamon Pineapple Recipe is simple to make and ready in under 20 minutes. This makes the perfect summer dessert or appetizer for the whole family!
Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple is the perfect sweet addition to any summer BBQ. This recipe is super simple to make, requires only 5 ingredients and can be made with fresh or canned pineapple. The entire recipe takes about 20 minutes making this the perfect quick and easy summer recipe.
I love pairing my cooked pineapple with some vanilla ice cream for a sweet take, or some grilled pork chops for a savory dish. Of course the pineapple taste wonderful on its own! I hope you enjoy with recipe all summer long.
Pineapple: I like to use a fresh pineapple and slice it into spears myself. You can do this, or to save time you can buy the pineapple already sliced into spears at your some local grocery stores. Canned pineapple rings can also be used, but the cook time will be about half because they are sliced thinner.
Butter: You can easily make this recipe vegan by swapped some olive oil in for the melted butter. Your pineapple may smoke more using oil when grilled, so be sure to watch it closely so it doesn't burn.
Why You Will LOVE This!
Ready Fast in Only 15 Minutes
Limited Ingredients: Only 5 Things Needed
Great for Both Kids & Adults
Versatile: Works as a Side, Appetizer or Dessert all Summer Long
- Heat your grill to a medium heat and spray with cooking spray to help the pineapple from sticking. While the grill is warming up slice and prep your fresh pineapple.
- First, cut off the top and the end of the pineapple. Second, sit the pineapple up and slice it in half down the middle and through the core. Third, carefully remove the hard core of the pineapple and discard. Next, slice off the skin of the pineapple from each half. Finally, slice each half into four even sticks. You should have eight total. If your pineapple is bigger, or smaller than mine then you may end up with more or less.
- Add melted butter, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar to a small bowl and stir to combine. Reserve the remaining sauce for serving.
- Add the sliced pineapple to a shallow dish or plate and generously brush all the sides with the melted butter mixture.
- Add all the pineapple to a warm outdoor grill (or grill pan on the stove) and cook for 4 minutes per side. I like to let mine sit up char marks have formed then flip them.
- Once your pineapple is soft (but not falling apart), warm and starting to develop char marks remove from the grilled and serve warm with reserved sauce, ice cream or dish or choice.
Grilled pineapple with cinnamon is best enjoyed warm and does not save well. I do not recommend trying to keep any leftovers.
Not Too Soft: When grilling the pineapple, be careful not too cook it for too long or it will get very soft and start to fall apart. It will still taste wonderful, but will be harder to get off the grill in one piece.
The Perfect Char: The get the perfect char marks on your pineapple don't wiggle or move the pineapple around. Put it on, let it sit and then flip once. This will give you nice char marks you can brag to your friends about.
Save the Sauce: Do not toss the cinnamon butter sauce! You can drizzle it over the cooked pineapple and it goes great paired with some yogurt or ice cream.
I love just enjoying the grilled cinnamon pineapple with some cinnamon butter sauce drizzled over the top. If you want to dress it up some you can pair with vanilla ice cream, yogurt, whipped cream for a sweet pairing. You can also go the savory route and eat with some grilled chicken or pork for a great summer combo.
Um heck yes it does! Unlike other grilled fruits it is not mushy when grilled. Grilling pineapple also brings out its nature sweetness. I like to add a cinnamon butter to my pineapple, but you could also just use a bit of salt and pepper.
You can cut pineapple two ways for grilling purposes: spears or slices. I prefer the spears method because you can remove the hard core. Whichever method you use, you want to cut the ends off and remove the skin. Then with slice, or cut in half, remove the core then slice into spears.
Grilled fruit is a great addition to BBQs and is much healthier than other grilling favorites like meats. Of course while fruits are rich in vitamins and nutrients they also contain a lot of sugar so just like everything consume in moderation.
You May Also Enjoy...
Easy Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- 1 Pineapple
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Slice whole pineapple into spears by removing the top and end then slicing in half through the core. Carefully remove the skin and cut the core out of each half. Finally, slice each half into four spears/sticks for a total of 8.
- Add melted butter, sea salt, cinnamon and brown sugar to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Ina shallow bowl or plate add the sliced pineapple and coat all sides with the cinnamon butter mixture generously. Do not discard extra butter sauce.
- Add the prepped pineapple to your hot grill and let sit for 4-5 minutes. After that a good char should be developing and you can flip them all and let cook another 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- Once the pineapple is soft and slightly charred, remove with tongs and serve warm with reserved sauce, ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
What great way to spice up pineapple! We'll be making this again for sure!
I think so too, glad you liked it!
Grilled pineapple alone is amazing, can't wait to try the sauce too!! Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy and you are welcome!
This was such a fun way to enjoy fresh pineapple!! And the grilled pineapple had such a nice caramelization to it that my kids thought it was dessert! 🙂
Hahaha same! Mine will happily gobbler this up!
This grilled cinnamon pineapple looks so amazing, and that sauce just takes it to another level. I can't wait to make this for my family!
Thanks so much, the sauce is the perfect compliment!
We made this grilled pineapple for our lunch today! Well, it is addictive! So, surely, we will be making it again!
YAY! Glad you all enjoyed!