This Warm Mexican Corn Salad recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and simple to make. Serve as a side or as a topper with all your favorite Mexican recipes.
Who ever said salad had to be packed with greens?! In my book a salad can be way more creative and interesting than the just leafy greens and croutons. This Warm Mexican Corn Salad recipe is packed with corn, bell peppers, zucchini, and spices for a bold a tasty flavor.
This warm salad recipe comes together quickly in under 30 minutes and is super simple to make. Also, I love how versatile and this corn salad is because it can work as a side or a topper for all your Mexican favorites.
Corn and Pepper Salad is great served on its own or as a topper for a variety of recipes.
- A Large Skillet
- Chef's Knife and Cutting Board
- Potato Peeler (Optional): This is optional, but it makes removing the skin from the zucchini much easier. Alternatively, you can use a knife.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Large Wooden Spoon
- Corn: Fresh, frozen or canned corn can be used for this quick and easy salad. I like using frozen corn personally, because it is inexpensive and I always have some on hand. Also note, that if you use canned corn be sure to strain it first.
- Small Bell Peppers: I like using a combination of small red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and orange bell peppers. You can use this mix or just pick your favorite color. Also if you cannot find the mini pepper you can swap in one large bell pepper.
- Jalapeno Pepper: Depending on how spicy you like your food you can leave this out completely, add it all in or half. If you cannot find a fresh jalapeno you can add in some red pepper flakes for a bit of spice if you wish.
- Lime Juice: The juice of a fresh lime or bottled lime juice will work.
- Olive Oil and/or Butter: I have used both for this recipe and it always comes out great. You can use one or the other or a combination or both.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: I love using my homemade taco seasoning for this warm salad recipe, but you can use your favorite store bought brand as well.
- Ground Black Pepper and Sea Salt
- Fresh Cilantro (Optional for Topping)
How to Make Mexican Corn Salad
How to make a quick and simple Mexican inspired corn salad with fresh ingredients.
- Prepping the Vegetables
Begin by prepping and slicing you fresh veggies. I just remove the ribs and seeds from the bell peppers and jalapeno then chop them up. You can dice them as well if you really like your veggies small. Remove the skin from the zucchini then slice and half. Alternatively you can chop/dice the zucchini if you wish.
- Cooking the Fresh Veggies
Add all the chopped vegetables into a large skillet and saute with olive oil until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Cooking the Corn
Once soft add in the frozen corn, taco seasoning, ground black pepper, sea salt and stir until well combined. Let the corn fully cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finishing Touches
Once the corn is warmed through, season with lime juice, top with cilantro and serve warm.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
Absolutely! This warm salad saves great and can be enjoyed hot or cold. As stated above the salad can be eaten on its own as a side or added to different recipes making it great for a variety of dishes.
Yes, this Mexican salad can either be eaten as a side, added over the top of tacos, grilled chicken or nachos, or even wrapped into a burrito. The flavor pairs great with loads of different recipes and leftovers never get boring or go to waste.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When ready to eat warm leftovers for 30 seconds until warm, or enjoy cold.
This simple Mexican salad recipe is a favorite of mine for pairing with all my favorite Mexican inspired dishes and I hope you love it! Check out my Taco Bites Recipe for a great pairing for family dinner. Leave me a comment below letting me know what you think.
Warm Mexican Corn Salad Recipe
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the bell peppers and jalapeno pepper then chop or dice into 1/4 inch pieces.Remove the skin from the zucchini then slice and half. Alternatively you can chop/dice the zucchini if you wish.
- Add all the chopped vegetables into a large skillet and saute with olive oil (or butter) until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Once soft add in the frozen corn, taco seasoning, ground black pepper, sea salt and stir until well combined. Cook for an additional 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once the corn is warmed through, season with lime juice, top with fresh cilantro and serve warm.
Leftover StorageStore leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Serve warm or cold.
Corn NoteCanned or fresh corn can be used in place of frozen corn. If using canned corn drain the liquid from the can first.
Thank You for Sharing!