This Strawberry Pineapple Salsa recipe is perfect for the warm summer months! This vegan recipe is bursting with fresh flavor and a perfect appetizer or side. Enjoy on its own with chips or on top of tacos, grilled chicken or nachos!
Now that the warm weather is here I am all about fresh produce and utilizing it in everything I make. I am a huge fruit freak and consume a shocking amount on a daily basis. When I shared this Strawberry Pineapple Salsa recipe with my husband he was skeptical. Honestly, he thought the salsa was going to be super weird. I told him to just give it a shot and to his shock he loved it! This strawberry salsa is definitely the best of both words, because you get the sweetness of fruit while still having that distinct lime and cilantro flavor of traditional salsa. Bonus, this strawberry salsa recipe is quick, healthy and vegan! I hope you can shock some friends and family with how delicious and simple this strawberry pineapple salsa is! Enjoy!
What Do You Need To Make Strawberry Pineapple Salsa?
The kitchen tools you will need for this strawberry salsa recipe are:
- A sharp knife and cutting board
- A large bowl
- A lime squeezer (optional)
The ingredients you will need for this strawberry salsa recipe are:
- A Small Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Jalapeno- Optional
Note: This entire strawberry salsa recipe is all about chopping and slicing produce, therefore get yourself a nice sharp knife to save your time and a headache.
How Do You Make Strawberry Pineapple Salsa?
- Gather all of your strawberry salsa ingredients and kitchen tools
- Remove the stem and skin from the pineapple and discard. Chop the remaining pineapple into tidbit size chunks
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and chop.
- Chop the tomatoes
- Finely dice the red onion and jalapeno (if using)
- Roughly chop cilantro and juice lime if using fresh
- Add all fruit salsa ingredients to a large bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and gently stir to combine
Check out the strawberry salsa recipe video for a look at chopping and prep tips!
Common Homemade Fruit Salsa Questions:
Can I use different types of fruits for this strawberry salsa?
No, I do not recommend swapping out any of the fruits because it will change the entire flavor of the strawberry pineapple salsa. Although, you can use more of less jalapeno depending on your spice preference. Also, if you are looking for a similar vegan salsa recipe that uses different fruit try this Mango Avocado Salsa.
How long will strawberry pineapple salsa stay fresh?
This strawberry pineapple salsa will stay fresh for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Also, I do not reccomend freezing this homemade fruit salsa recipe.
Can I used canned or frozen fruits instead of fresh ones?
The only canned produce I would use in this strawberry recipe is canned pineapple tidbits. Fresh is much better, but if you want to save some chopping time go for it; just make sure you drain the juice from the can.
I do not recommend using any frozen produce for this fruit salsa recipe, because when the fruit is de-thawed it will be mushy and leave your strawberry pineapple salsa a gross watery texture. Also, if you want to use bottled lime juice instead of fresh limes that is an option as well.
What should I serve fresh strawberry salsa with?
This strawberry pineapple salsa is great on its own with some tortilla chips! If you are looking to pair this with some main dishes try Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken, tacos or in a burrito bowl for meal prep!
Love This Recipe? Try These Next!
Love this strawberry pineapple salsa recipe? Don’t forget to comment and rate below!
Strawberry Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 2/3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2-1 Jalapeno Optional
- 1/2 Small Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- Remove stem and skin from pineapple and chop the inner meat into tidbit sized pieces. Remove stems from strawberries and chop into small chunks. Chop the tomatoes into the same size chunks as the strawberries.
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno and finely dice. You can add more or less depending on your spice preference. Finely dice the red onion. Roughly chop the fresh cilantro.
- Add all produce to a large bowl and sprinkle with lime juice and sea salt. Gently stir to combine and enjoy!
Share with Your Friends and Family!