This Grilled Peaches Recipe is the perfect treat for the warm summer weather! This quick and easy vegetarian recipe works great as a dessert or an appetizer to parties. Pair with Honey Mascarpone and fresh thyme for the perfect finish.
Summer is officially here and that means peaches galore! I am a huge peach fan, and even grew up on a small peach orchard. I spent my summers eating peaches in all forms, including this Grilled Peaches Recipe! The peaches are soft, sweet, perfectly charred and pair wonderfully with whipped Honey Mascarpone.
This vegetarian snack or appetizer is pretty healthy and is ready in under 15 minutes. Also, if grilling isn’t you thing, no worries these peaches can be made on a stove top or oven. I hope you love these delicious peaches as much as my family does! Enjoy!
What Do You Need To Make Grilled Peaches?
The kitchen tools you will need for this Grilled Peaches Recipe are:
- An Outdoor Grill, Grill pan or Skillet
- A Pairing Knife and Cutting Board
- A Bowl and Whisk
- A Basting Brush (Optional)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
Pro Tip: If you are choosing to make this Grilled Peaches recipe on the stove top I would highly recommend using a cast iron grill pan or skillet if you have one. The flavor comes out much better than using something like a non-stick pan.
Grilled Peaches Prep
- Wash and slice peaches in half lengthwise, then remove pits.
- Brush all peaches with olive oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle each peach half with brown sugar.
- On a warm outdoor grill or grill pan on the stove place peaches skin side up.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until soft and starting to char.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with Honey Mascarpone.
Honey Mascarpone Prep
- In a medium sized bowl combine mascarpone cheese, honey and vanilla extract.
- Use a whisk or fork to stir until light and combined.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture over each grilled peach and sprinkle with fresh thyme and additional honey.
Check out the Recipe Video for a more detailed look at prep for this Grilled Peaches Recipe!
Love Fruit? Try These Other Fruit Filled Recipes!
Common Grilled Peaches Recipe Questions
Can I make these grilled peaches on the stove?
Sure! Use a grill pan or regular pan and heat over medium until and add the peaches when warm. For the best grilled peaches use a cast iron skillet or grill pan.
What should I serve the grilled peaches with?
I suggest serving these grilled peaches with my Honey Mascarpone and fresh thyme. Alternatively, you could serve with vanilla ice cream, maple syrup or enjoy on their own.
Can I make these peaches in the oven?
Yes, if you do not want to use an outdoor grill or stove-top you could make these peaches in the oven. Follow grilled peaches recipe prep instructions then preheat oven to 400 degrees. Next, place peaches skin side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until soft.
Note: You will not get the same char or marks as you would on the grill when using the oven method.
Storing Leftover Grilled Peaches
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To re-heat place in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until warm. Alternatively, you could rewarm the peaches on the stove top in a pan or in the oven until warm.
Also, I suggest storing the grilled peaches and honey mascarpone in separate containers in the fridge. Also, I do not recommend freezing grilled peaches. It is possible to store leftover fresh peaches in the freezer, but once the peaches are grilled they are best enjoyed soon after.
Storytime: Growing up on Peaches
Okay, so peaches have held a special place in my heart since I was 12 years old. My family moved from the suburbs in St. Louis to a small town just oven the river. There we lived on several acres of land which included a small peach orchard.
My brother and I spent our summers trimming trees, collecting fallen peaches, and of course eating our fill. We even had a small stand set up in front of our house to sell them. This was our version of a lemonade stand and while this was all hard work we had so much fun doing it.
Hilariously enough my mom hates peaches, so it was just my brother and I eating them all. Over the years my mom and grandma taught me how to utilize the peaches in a number of ways. We would make things from grilled peaches, jam, pies, tarts, and even smoothies.
The peaches in my parents orchard were beyond the best on this planet and I miss living near them to enjoy them in the summer. Still to this day whenever I eat a peach I think about summers spent barefoot going out into my backyard to pick myself a fresh peach for breakfast.
I hope you and your family love this Grilled Peaches Recipe as much as my family does! Leave a comment below to let me know how you liked this vegetarian recipe! Also, check out my Grilled Peach Salad for the perfect use of leftover grilled peaches.
Grilled Peaches Recipe with Honey Mascarpone
- Wash peaches and slice each lengthwise then remove the pit. Brush each peach halve with olive oil then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Heat a grill pan, outdoor grill or skillet and add peaches skin side up when warm. Cook until peaches are soft and slightly charred. While the peaches are cooking prepare the honey mascarpone.
- Combine mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract and honey in a bowl and stir with a whisk until light and combined.
- When peaches are finished cooking serve each warm with a spoonful of honey mascarpone. Drizzle each with additional honey and fresh thyme if desired. Enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover peaches and mascarpone in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Rewarm peaches in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or in the oven until warm.
- Alternate Serving Ideas: You could serve these peaches with vanilla ice cream, and maple syrup as well!
- Alternate Preparations: If you do not want to use an outdoor grill or stove-top you could make these peaches in the oven. Follow recipe prep instructions then preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place peaches skin side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes until soft. Note: you will not get the same char or marks as you would on the grill.
Share the Love!