This S’mores Cookie Recipe is the perfect treat all year round when you are craving the classic campfire treat with less mess. These cookies are chewy and will quickly become one of your favorite cookies!
Who else is obsessed with s’mores, but not so obsessed with camping? Yeah, I would guess a lot of us! Ditch the smokey campfire and bugs and enjoy this Easy S’mores Cookies Recipe all year round! The cookies pack the classic s’mores flavor we all know and love without the mess.
Also, these cookies are perfect for bake sales, treats for kids, or to bring to parties or BBQ’s. Need a cookie fix, but don’t have time to make an entire batch? No problem, the dough is freezer friendly and can be popped in the oven whenever your sweet tooth hits for months on end. I hope you and your family love these delicious chewy s’mores cookies!
What Do You Need To Make S’mores Cookies?
The kitchen tools you will need for this S’mores Cookies Recipe are:
- A Stand or Hand Mixer
- A Cookie Sheet
- Two Large Bowls for Ingredients
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A Cookie Scoop (Optional)
- A Food Processor or Blender (Optional, but very helpful)
The ingredients you will need for these cookies are:
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Brown and White Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
How Do You Make The Best S’mores Cookies Recipe?
- Use a food processor or blender to grind up the graham crackers and add in a bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine softened butter, sugars and vanilla extract and mix on low.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue to mix until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients in and continue to mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Cover dough and let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop and place chilled dough on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Repeat until no dough remains.
See the S’mores Cookies Recipe Video for a more detailed look at prep!
S’mores Cookies Recipe Tips and Suggestions
Tip 1: If you do not have a food processor or blender you can place your graham crackers in a zip-lock bag (make sure all the air is out) and smash the crap out of them with the back of a large spoon or rolling pin. The blender/food processor method is much easier, but the bag will work as well for this s’mores cookies recipe.
Tip 2: Let the s’mores cookies chill for as long as possible, so the dough holds together perfectly. There is a lot of butter in this recipe giving them a chewy delicious texture, but they need to chill or they will spread out too much while baking.
Tip 3: You can add some extra chocolate chips and mini marshmallows to the tops of the cookies right before they go into the oven to make the cookies super s’mores like.
Tip 4: I like to use a combination of mini and regular chocolate chips or chunks for these s’mores cookies. This is not required and you can use whichever you prefer. The mini chocolate chips help hold the dough together better, but I love the big hunks of chocolate as well.
Love Sweets? Try These Next!
For best results, store leftover s’mores cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. These homemade cookies will stay fresh for up to 10 days.
Yes, you can make this s’mores cookies recipe ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 3 days (covered). When ready to bake the cookies follow recipe instructions.
Yes, you can freeze the s’mores cookie dough for up to 3 months. Follow recipe instructions and scoop the cookies like you were going to bake them. Add the balls of cookie dough to a freezer bag making sure to get all the air out. When ready to bake the s’mores cookies, follow bake temperature and time. You may need to add an additional minute or two, but set the timer for the lowest time to avoid burning them. The freezer option is great because you can bake small batching and get your cookie fix in whenever it hits!
I hope you and your family LOVE this S’mores Cookies Recipe! Be sure to leave a comment and rate below if you are obsessed with these bad boys! Also, check out my S’mores Trail Mix for another tasty s’mores recipe.
Easy Chewy S'mores Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 Cups Graham Crackers About 10 Full Sheets
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Unsalted Butter Softened*
- 1/3 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips Mini, regular or a combination*
- Add graham crackers to a food processor (or blender) and pulse until fine and no chunks remain. Combine crushed graham crackers, flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine softened butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix with a hand or stand mixer until combined. Add eggs and continue to mix. Add in dry ingredients slowly until dough is combined. Finally, stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Cover and let dough chill for a minimum of 30 minutes or as long at 3 days in the fridge. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough into 1 inch balls using a cookie scoop.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 8-10 minutes until cookies are golden. Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack and repeat until all the dough is used. Enjoy warm or store when cool.
- Leftover Storage: Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- Freezer Option: Prepare dough per recipe instructions and scoop dough as if your were to bake them into a freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake follow recipe instructions.
- Prepare Ahead of Time: Prepare dough up to 3 days ahead of time and store covered in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Softened Butter: You can leave your butter to soften at room temperature for about an hour, or place in microwave for ~30 seconds. The butter should NOT be melted completely.
- Chocolate Chips: You can use mini, regular or chunks for this recipe. I like to use a mix, since the minis help the cookie hold together better but this is not required.
- Optional Topping: For some extra pop and goodness to your cookies top the raw cookie dough balls with additional chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers!
Share with Your Friends and Family!