This S’mores Snack Mix is the perfect no bake treat for camping in the summer. This treat is simple to make and only requires 5 ingredients.
Ah the sun’s out, and summer is almost here. With warm weather approaching I am so ready to get out into nature and enjoy one of my favorite campfire favorites: s’mores. This mix is super easy and always requested by friends and family.
S’mores are one of my absolute favorite treats and this S’mores Snack Mix has all the same wonderful flavors but with less mess and can be made all year round. This s’mores trail mix requires no baking and is great for kids to help with. I hope your family goes as crazy for this treat as mine does. Enjoy!
S’mores Snack Mix is the ultimate summer snack recipe!
What You Need To Make S’mores Trail Mix
The kitchen tools you will need are:
- A Large Cookie Sheet
- A Prep Bowl: Make sure the bowl is microwavable for melting the baking chocolate.
- A Spoon or Spatula
- Parchment Paper: This is super important. You will want to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper, otherwise your s’mores trail mix will be a mess to get off the baking sheet.
- A Measuring Cup
The ingredients you will need for this s’mores mix are:
- Golden Grahams Cereal: Any generic brand will work as well.
- Baking Chocolate: Personally, I like using a combination of dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate melting chocolate. This is my favorite combo, but you could use one or the other or another type of chocolate all together. Whatever chocolate you decided to use make sure the chocolate is baking chocolate (melting chocolate, melting wafers, almond bark, ect.) and NOT chocolate chips. Chocolate chips will not melt or harden the same.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips: I used dark chocolate chips, but you could use any type of chocolate variety like milk, semi-sweet or even white chocolate.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
Coat it: I love this snack mix super coated in chocolate. When done this way everything sticks together and forms the perfect yummy s’mores bit. Because there is a lot of chocolate being used, make sure to let the entire mix completely set before you begin to break it apart. I promise it is worth the wait.
Layer It: I like to spread the s’mores mix out on a large cookie sheet in a thin layer. Then I add each ingredients one by one over top and finally top with the melted chocolate and toss. I like doing it this way because everything get coated in the chocolate and every bite has all the goodies in it.
After the s’mores trail mix has fully set you can store the s’more snack mix in either a zip-lock plastic bag or glass/plastic airtight storage container. When stored properly the trail mix will stay fresh for up to one week.
Love Desserts? Try These Next!
- Candy: Spice up this s’more trail mix with the addition of M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, or crushed Oreo’s.
- Chocolate: My favorite combination of chocolate for this trail mix recipe is dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. Other chocolate options include milk or white chocolate or even adding some caramel drizzle on top.
- Chips: I love the hit of salt and crunch pretzels add to this mix. You can stick with the pretzels, leave them out or add a different chip like potato chips in.
I hope you and your family love this S’mores Snack Mix. This no-bake treat is an absolute must during the summer months and one of my son’s favorites.
No Bake S’mores Snack Mix Recipe
- 12 Oz Baking Chocolate I used a combination of dark and semi-sweet chocolate
- 11.7 Oz Golden Grahams Cereal About 4 Cups
- 5 Oz Mini Marshmallows About 2 Cups
- 1 Cup Pretzels
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place baking chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes stirring everything 30 seconds until melted.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On the parchment paper add golden grahams, mini marshmallows, pretzels, and dark chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate is melted and warm pour over the ingredients on the cookie sheet and toss with a spoon until everything is coated in chocolate. Place the tray in the fridge and let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled break apart and enjoy!
Leftover StorageStore leftover s’mores snack mix in an airtight or zip-lock bag at room temperature (once set) for up to 1 week.
Chocolate NoteBe sure to use baking chocolate, melting wafers, or almond bark and NOT chocolate chips.
Thank You for Sharing!