Thick, chewy and perfectly soft these Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect weekend baked treat or holiday cookie recipe. No chilling required and ready in under 30 minutes!
With Fall here, and the cool weather arriving I am finally ready to turn my oven back on and do some baking. These Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies are big and thick and are the perfect bakery style cookie. The fresh raspberries add the perfect touch of sweetness and tartness and complement the white chocolate chips beautifully.
These raspberry cookies are a holiday baking favorite, and always a hit at Christmas parties or for Valentine's Day. My son especially loves these cookies, as he is not a huge fan of dark chocolate (fingers crossed he has a change of heart someday). These cookies are perfect for the novice baker and require no chilling, prior baking experience and are ready in under 30 minutes.
- Raspberries: Fresh, frozen or freeze dried raspberries can be used for these cookies. Personally, I like using fresh raspberries because I think the flavor comes through stronger.
- White Chocolate Chips: Alternatively, you could use a bar of white chocolate and cut it into chunks, use mini white chocolate chips or mix it up and use a dark chocolate instead.
Why You'll LOVE Them!
Quick & Easy: Ready in under 30 Minutes
No Chilling Required
Thick, Soft & Large Cookies
Great for Holiday Baking & Valentine's Day
Customizable: Try with Different Fruits or Nuts
Prepare the Dry Ingredients: Add all the dry ingredients to a large prep bowl and stir to combine. Set aside, we will come back it it.
Combine the Dough
In a separate prep bowl, add the sugars and butter and use a hand or stand mixer to combine for 1-2 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat for an additional minute. Once combined stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Finally, gently stir in the roughly chopped raspberries and white chocolate chips.
Baking the Cookies
Scoop the dough into large 1 ½ inch balls. I like mine on the large side to make them fit a bakery style cookie. Place each rolled cookie dough on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Once all the dough has been rolled, bake the white chocolate cookies on the center rack of a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until cookies are golden.
Once the cookies are finished baking, remove from the cookie tray and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm with milk or store leftovers. Enjoy!
Storing Leftover Cookies
Store leftover raspberry cookies in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 1 week. For that fresh out of the oven cookie feel, warm your cookie in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
Yes, this cookie dough can be frozen. Follow all the recipe steps up until baking the cookies. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place in a freezer bag or container and store flat for up to 3 months. When ready to bake follow baking instructions for prep and temperature, but add an additional 2-4 minutes to the total bake time.
You can prep the raspberry white chocolate chip cookie dough ahead of time and store it in the fridge covered for up to 24 hours. It is best to scoop the dough in balls and store on a cookie sheet, but you can store the combined dough covered in a prep bowl. If covered in a prep bowl remove from the fridge and let soften up a bit so the cookie dough is easier to scoop.
This recipe yields 12 large bakery style cookies. If you are wanting a smaller 1 inch round cookie then you absolutely can make your cookies on the smaller side. Just be sure to watch them and adjust the bake time.
Don't Over-Stir: When stirring in the raspberries into the dough be careful not over-stir them or the red color will run throughout the dough. The raspberries will also get mushed and you will not get those big bites of raspberries.
Don't Over-Bake: When baking these cookies it is important not to over-bake them (I mean isn't it always). The cookies will be golden on top and crisp on the bottom, while the middle will be soft and chewy. That my friends, is the perfect cookie.
The Perfect Butter: For the cookies I find the perfect butter is soft and just beginning to melt. I achieve this by microwaving it for 15-30 seconds. You do not want the butter to be completely melted as I find the cookies are and thick when using melted butter.
Mix it Up!
Try out these swaps to make these cookies your own
Fruits: Try swapping the raspberries out for blueberries or blackberries
Nuts: Add crushed nuts for some added crunch
Chocolate: Swap in some dark chocolate for a bolder flavor combo
Shop This Recipe
My Favorite Cookie Sheets: I love that these come with wire rack insert as well!
Baking Must Have: For perfect cookies every time parchment paper is a must.
Not so Basic Prep Bowls: These bowls feature fun colors and matching lids great for prepping cookie dough ahead of time.
You May Also Enjoy...
Bakery Style Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- ½ Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Raspberries Roughly Chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper. Set aside, and beging preparing the cookie dough. Add all the dry ingredients to a large prep bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate prep bowl, add the sugars and softened butter and use a hand or stand mixer to combine for 1-2 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat for an additional minute.
- Once combined stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Finally, gently stir in the roughly chopped raspberries and white chocolate chips. It is okay if all the raspberries and chocolate chips aren't combined into the dough. You can press them on top of cookie dough balls.
- Scoop the dough into large 1 ½ inch balls. I like mine on the large side to make them fit a bakery style cookie. Place each rolled cookie dough on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Once all the dough has been rolled, bake the white chocolate cookies on the center rack of you oven 10-15 minutes until cookies are golden.
- Once the cookies are finished baking, remove from the cookie tray and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm, or store leftover appropriately.
Thank You for Sharing!