This Strawberry Loaf Cake is sweet, moist and simple to make. Top with a lemon glaze for the perfect combination.
Strawberry Loaf Cake makes for the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. The bread is made with fresh strawberries and ready in under an hour with no rising required. I love making the quick bread during strawberry season and my family always devours it.
If you are more of a muffin person, you can use the same batter to make strawberry muffins as well. I hope you love this simple to make bread recipe!
Strawberries: I prefer to use fresh strawberries over frozen berries. Frozen strawberries can be used in quick bread, but you will need to let them thaw first then chop and toss in flour just like with fresh berries. Also, I do not recommend using more than 2 cups of strawberries. The bread will get too moist and not hold together very well.
Why You'll LOVE It!
Great for a Quick Snack or Breakfast
Easy to Make: Little Prep Work & Basic Ingredients Required
Versatile: Change Up the Glaze, Fruit or Turn into Muffins
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a medium size bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, milk, egg and vanilla extract. Stir or use a hand mixer on low and mix until just combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir. Try not to over-mix the batter.
- Add prepared strawberries to batter and fold in.
- Grease a 9x5 inch bread pan with butter. Pour the strawberry bread batter into the pan and smooth into and even layer.
- Bake the bread on the center rack of an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes. The bread should just be getting golden on top and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Let the bread sit in the pan until cool then carefully remove. Serve immediately or store leftovers accordingly.
Leftover Storage Instructions
Store leftover strawberry loaf cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. I like to leave my loaf whole and slice as I go. This will keep the bread fresh longer.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir/whisk to combine until all the ingredients are combined and the glaze is smooth. You don't want any chunks powdered sugar left.
Freezing Quick Bread
Strawberry quick bread can also be frozen to further extend the life of the bread. To freeze the bread, slice the loaf into individual slices then wrap each one tightly in foil. Place the wrapped bread in a freezer bag or container and store for up to three months. When ready to eat let thaw first then warm.
Toss in Flour: Don't forget to toss your diced strawberries in flour before adding into the quick bread batter. This will ensure the berries do not all sink to the bottom when baking.
Don't Over-Mix: It is important not to over-stir the batter to ensure the bread will stay moist when baked. You want to mix all the ingredients until just combined, then gently fold into the strawberries.
If you are more of a muffin type of person you can make strawberry muffins with this recipe! The recipe will yield about 12 muffins, and you will need to bake them at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
Strawberries are a versatile fruit than can be used in drinks, scones, quick breads, muffins, cookies, served fresh over pancakes or waffles, mixed into yogurt, used for cinnamon rolls, or even added into salsa.
For a bread to be a "quick bread" it needs to be made with a leavening agent (such as baking powder or baking soda) that allows for immediate baking of the dough or batter mixture. This means there is no rising required like with a traditional bread recipe.
Quick breads include muffins, biscuits, scones, cornbread, and quick loafs like this Strawberry Bread recipe or Apple Bread.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This 9x5 inch Loaf Pan is the perfect size for this strawberry quick bread and I find my breads always come out easily in it.
This Mini Chopper makes dicing the strawberries a piece of cake!
You May Also Enjoy...
Moist Strawberry Loaf Cake Recipe
For the Strawberries
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
For the Lemon Glaze
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk See Notes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x5 inch bread pan with butter, set aside.
- Dice fresh strawberries (removing the stems) into small pieces then toss into flour and set aside and prepare batter.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
- Once combined, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix the batter. Next, gently fold in the prepared strawberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake on the center rack of your oven for 50-55 minutes until top of bread is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool further on wire rack.
- Once bread has cooled, pour lemon glaze over top and serve immediately.
- Add all of the glaze ingredients to a medium sized bowl and stir/whisk until well combined. Set aside until Strawberry Bread is ready.
Thank You for Sharing!