This no bake Funfetti Cake Dip Recipe is quick and easy to make and loved by both kids and adults. Perfect for holidays and birthday parties!
This Funfetti Cake Dip Recipe hits me right in the nostalgia button. Growing up one of my brother and I’s favorite treats was Dunkaroo Dip. Unfortunately, they no longer sell it in stores (WHY, UGHHHH). No worries, my sweets obsessed personality of course had to create my own version to enjoy.
This cake batter dip may not come with the classic kangaroo cookies, but it is still so sweet, light and fluffy. This dip pairs perfectly with animal crackers or Teddy Grahams and is a must for holidays or birthday parties. I hope you and your kiddos become just as obsessed with this recipe as my family is, enjoy!
What is Dunkaroo Dip?
Dunkaroo Dip first made an appearance in America in the 1990’s. The snack product came with vanilla frosting dip and animal like crackers, usually kangaroos. You were meant to “dunk” the kangaroo cookies into the frosting giving it it’s name “Dunkaroos”. The product is no longer sold in stores, but there are whispers of it making a comeback so keep your eyes peeled people!
- A Hand of Stand Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A Large Prep Bowl: One with a lid works best so you can easily. store the dip in the fridge to chill. If you do not have a prep bowl with a lid you can use plastic wrap or foil.
- A Stirring Spoon
- Whipped Topping: Use Cool Whip or an off brand and not Reddi Whip. It does not hold as well and melts faster, therefor the dip will not be as thick and cake batter-y if you get me.
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt: Personally, I love the Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt for this cake batter dip, but regular vanilla or plain non-fat Greek yogurt can be swapped in.
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Funfetti Dip
- Mix the Dessert Dip
Add the funfetti cake mix, whipped topping, vanilla Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract to a large prep bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the dip together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
After mixing the dip, store it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so it can firm up a bit.
- Add the Sprinkles
Once the dip is chilled, GENTLY fold in the sprinkles until just combined. Serve immediately with dippers of choice.
I would literally eat this dip on anything, it is seriously that good. If you aren’t into just spooning it out, have no fears I have some dipper ideas. Some of my favorite dippers for Funfetti dip are: Teddy Grahams, Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers, strawberries, or Oreo’s.
More No Bake Desserts
Sprinkle Tip: When stirring the sprinkles into the cake dip be VERY careful not to over-stir them. You just want to barley fold them in, or the colors will run and turn your dip an awful color. If you want to avoid this completely, you can forgo stirring int he sprinkles and instead just add them to the top.
Color Customization: If rainbow sprinkles aren’t your thing, no problem. You can easily change the color out for different colors and shapes to fit any party of holiday theme. Another fun idea is to add in a touch of food coloring to make your dunkaroo dip a fun color or give it a swirled effect.
Store leftover cake batter dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy cold with additional dippers. Also, be aware that if you mix the rainbow sprinkles into the dip the colors will run and change the color of the dip. To avoid this add the sprinkles only to the dip right before servings.
Yes, the dip can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let the dip thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying.
Yes, you can mix the dip and then store covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When making the cake dip ahead of time I recommend leaving the sprinkles out and just adding them over top right before serving. If you add them in and let them sit the colors will bleed and turn your dip all sorts of funky.
Yes, I highly recommend letting the dip chill in the fridge or at least in the freezer for 15 minutes if you are in a rush. If you do not chill the dip it will start to get soupy and melt.
Loved this Funfetti Cake Dip Recipe? Tell me what you thought and leave a comment and rating down below!
Funfetti Cake Dip Recipe
- 1 15.25 Oz Boxed Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 8 Oz Container Whipped Topping About 3 Cups
- 1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Animal Crackers
- Teddy Grahams
- Graham Crackers
- Fresh Strawberries
- Add the Funfetti Cake Mix, whipped topping, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract into a large prep bowl. Combine the dip with a hand of stand mixer on medium speed until combined and fluffy.
- After the dip in mixed, cover and let the dip chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge, or as long as overnight.
- After the dip has chilled, gently fold in the sprinkles (don't over stir or the colors will bleed) or add over the top of the dip. Serve immediately with dippers of choice and enjoy!
Thank You for Sharing!