Only a few ingredients, no baking, and super tasty?! Yeah, this Oreo Truffle Balls recipe is pretty much perfect for Christmas or any holiday! Or, if you are anything like me then just some random Wednesday!
Christmas is officially next month, which means my brain is in official sweets mode. There is no other time of the year where my inner sweet tooth comes out in such force! This Easy No Bake Oreo Truffle Balls Recipe is perfect for the holiday baking season and beyond.
I love to mix up the chocolate and decorations and match the Oreo truffle balls to whatever holiday is happening. Although, my all-time favorite time to make these Oreo Balls is during Christmas as gifts for friends and family. These are always a hit and insanely easy to make and customize. I hope you and your family love these Oreo Truffles!
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies: They can be regular or double-stuffed, either work fine.
- Cream Cheese
- Melting Chocolate of Choice: For this Oreo Balls Recipe I showcase white chocolate and dark chocolate. You can use one or the other or milk chocolate or almond bark.
- Decorations of Choice: Some great options are sprinkles, crushed peppermint, chocolate chips, or melted chocolate.
- A Blender or Food Processor: For these Oreo Balls you want the Oreo cookies to be super fine. To accomplish this you will need a blender of food processor. If you do not have one of these you can crush the Oreo's in a zip-lock bag, but may have some chunks. This is fine and won't affect the taste of the truffles, but they may not be a round and pretty.
- A Large Bowl: This is for combining your cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies.
- Several Small Bowls: These are for melting the chocolate (or almond bark) and holding your toppings of choice.
- A Cookie Sheet or Large Plate: The Oreo Truffles need to chill in the fridge in a single layer, so you will need one of these for the chilling portion of this no bake recipe.
- Parchment Paper: This helps avoid the Oreo balls from sticking the cookie sheet once they are coated in chocolate.
How to Make Oreo Truffles
- Add Oreo Cookies to a blender or food processor and pulse until fine and no large chunks remain.
- Add crushed Oreo Cookies to a large bowl with cream cheese and use a hand mixer, spoon or get in there with your hands to combine the ingredients. I usually go with the hands method because it is a lot easier to get the cream cheese worked in.
- Once combined, use a cookie scoop to scoop a small amount of the truffle out and roll into a ball in the ball of your hands. Repeat this until all the Oreo Balls Truffles are rolled into balls.
- Place the rolled Oreo balls on a large plate of cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let the Oreo Truffles chill in the fridge for 15 minutes just to let them set up a bit.
- Once chilled, melt your chocolate of choice in the microwave until smooth. Use a fork, or toothpick to dip/roll the truffle in the chocolate, then place back on the parchment paper.
- Add your topping of choice while the chocolate is still melty, and repeat this process until all the Oreo Ball Truffles are coated and decorated.
- Place the truffles back in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to let the chocolate set. Alternatively, you can let them set overnight if you are wanting to prep this truffles recipe early.
Check out the Oreo Truffle Balls Recipe Video for a more detailed look at prep for this fun dessert!
This Oreo Truffle Balls Recipe can be customized tons of different ways for virtually all occasions. I love making these for game nights with friends, birthday parties, holidays and baby showers and use a variety of different toppings each time.
- Chocolate: One way to customize the Oreo truffles is with your choice of chocolate. I used a mix of white chocolate and dark chocolate. Some other options for chocolate are milk chocolate, or almond bark. Depending on the type of chocolate you use it may take shorter or longer for it to completely melt in the microwave. Go in increments of 20 seconds, stir, and then continue until the chocolate is melted all the way.
- Candy: You could top the Oreo balls with M&ms, mini Reese's Pieces, crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, or chocolate chips to mix up the flavor.
- Sprinkles: Sprinkles are a great way to customize the Oreo truffles to different themes and holidays. Just pick the color, or shape that works best and these will work all year round.
More Dessert Ideas
Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix
Gooey Butter Cake Cookies
Chocolate Bark with Peppermint and Candy
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie with Pretzels
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Sugar Cookie Fudge
Once the truffles are set, they will stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to one week. To further extend the shelf life of these Oreo Truffle Balls you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
You can store the Oreo truffles in a freezer bag (to avoid sticking you can wrap them in cling wrap) for up to 3 months. When ready to eat the truffles let them soften up either at room temperature or in the fridge.
I hope you and your family love this Oreo Truffle Balls Recipe. These truffles have been a favorite of my friends and family for years. Happy Holidays from my family to yours.
Easy No Bake Oreo Balls Recipe
- 36 Oreo Sandwich Cookies One Package
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 10 Oz Baking (Melting) Chocolate of Choice
- Decorations of Choice
- Add Oreos (the whole cookie including the cream) to a food processor or blender and pulse until fine and no chunks remain.
- Add crushed Oreos and cream cheese to a large bowl and use a fork to work the two together until no crumbs remain and the cream cheese is combined throughout. Hands work great for this as well!
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop a small amount of Oreo Ball dough then roll it in the palms of your hands to make a smooth ball. Add to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or plate and repeat until no dough remains. Let chill in the fridge for 15 minutes to help them set up a bit.
- Once chilled, melt your chocolate of choice (I used white chocolate and dark chocolate) in the microwave until smooth. One at a time, roll each ball in the melted chocolate then place back on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with topping of choice if desired (before the chocolate sets) and repeat until all the Oreo Balls are coated in chocolate.
- Return to fridge for at least 15 minutes to allow to Oreo Balls to fully set, and enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover Oreo Truffles at room temperature covered for up to 1 week. Store in the fridge covered to extend to life of the truffles up to 3 weeks.
- Chocolate Suggestions: I used white chocolate and dark chocolate for my truffles. You can use any chocolate you wish and some other great options are milk chocolate or almond bark.
- Topping Suggestions: I used crushed peppermint, holiday themed sprinkles, mini chocolate chips and crushed Oreo cookies for my truffle toppings. You could use one or all of these or something else. Some other great options include mini candies, melted chocolate, or no topping.
Thank You for Sharing!