This Baked Cinnamon French Toast with Blackberries will bring a smile to your face and tummy. This recipe is so flippin’ good, plus can be made overnight for easy prep in the morning!
Baked Cinnamon French Toast with Blackberries
I feel like I do not share my undying love for all things breakfast often enough here. In reality, I am a breakfast freak and eat it for all three meals some days. This Overnight Baked Cinnamon French Toast with Blackberries is the closest thing to perfection I have ever created. Seriously, guys I was eating this stuff right out of the pan. The combo of cinnamon and blackberries is an underrated one for sure, then paired with pops of cream cheese and crunchy on the top , yet soft in the middle bread. Ummm, so freakin’ good! Okay, I’ll stop gushing now, let’s eat!
What Do I Need To Make Overnight Baked Cinnamon French Toast?
The kitchen supplies you will need for this Overnight French Toast recipe are:
- A 13×9 inch baking pan (one with a lid works great)
- A knife and cutting board
- A large bowl and whisk
- A spatula or large spoon for serving
The ingredients you will need for this Buttermilk French Toast recipe are:
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Cream Cheese
- Eggs and Milk
- Vanilla Extract and Maple Syrup
Note: If your pan does not have a lid aluminum foil or cling wrap works as well!
How Do You Make Overnight French Toast?
- Slice your bread into 1 inch chunks.
- Cube the cream cheese
- Wash and dry the blackberries.
- Add half the bread to you baking dish then the cream cheese and blackberries.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Combine milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Pour over top of bread mix, cover and store in the fridge at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with additional toppings.
Check out the buttermilk french toast recipe video for a more detailed look at prep for this recipe!
Common Overnight French Toast Recipe Questions
Can I make this french toast recipe ahead of time?
YES, yes and yes! This cinnamon french toast recipe is best when it can sit overnight in the fridge. If you want to make it the day of the minimum chill time is 1 hour. You can’t rush perfection people!
Can I use a different type of fruit other than blackberries?
Sure, you can use a different type of fruit, but I suggest sticking to the berry family. For example, you could use blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries or a mix.
How long does this overnight french toast stay good for?
Leftovers from this recipe should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. The max this recipe will stay fresh is 2 days in the fridge. Also, to re-heat this recipe you can warm it up in the oven or microwave until hot.
Can I freeze this breakfast recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. To freeze leftovers wrap in aluminum foil and then place in freezer safe storage bags for up to 2 months. When ready to re-heat place in the oven until completely de-thawed and warm, about an hour.
Can I use frozen blackberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen blackberries in place of fresh ones. Also, let the frozen blackberries thaw before you add them to the french toast. This will help them cook better and release some of their excess liquid before baking. That way your french toast isn’t soggy.
Love Breakfast? Try These Recipes Next!
Love This French Toast Recipe? Rate and Comment Below!
Shop This Recipe:
I make a small commission from purchases made through the links on this page. See Disclosure for more information.
Baked Cinnamon French Toast with Blackberries
- 1 Loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 Cups Fresh Blackberries
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 2/3 Cups Whole Milk
- 10 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- Blackberry (or Maple) Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Additional Blackberries
- Slice or tear bread into 1 inch chunks. Add half to a prepared baking dish. Next, cube the cream cheese and toss half over top of the bread along with half of the blackberries. Repeat this one more time with the remaining bread, cream cheese and blackberries.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the top of the bread, cream cheese and blackberries evenly so the bread is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. When ready to bake preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes until top is golden and slightly crisp. Serve warm with optional toppings. Enjoy!
Share with Your Friends and Family!