Looking for the best Fall bread recipe? Well, this Homemade Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe is just that! This apple bread is packed with cinnamon and fresh apples and is perfect for the entire family.
Summer is officially over and Fall is here! I am beyond excited to be done with the heat and humidity and instead enjoy some crisp air and crunchy leaves. With the cool weather also brings out all the flavors of the fall season. I'm talking pumpkin and apples people!
This Homemade Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe is super quick and yields super moist apple cinnamon swirl bread that can be enjoyed right away or frozen. The apple loaf can be made in your run of the mill loaf pan, or made into mini loaves for the kiddos to enjoy. This apple cinnamon swirl bread is packed full of fresh apples, cinnamon and brown sugar for the best Fall dessert or quick breakfast.
- All Purpose Flour- You can use a different type of flour like whole wheat flour, or gluten-free flour.
- A Large Apple- I suggest using either a Gala, Fuji or Granny Smith apple for this apple cinnamon bread recipe. Also, depending on the size of apples you can find you might need more than one apple. Aim for about 1 ½ cups of chopped apple for this quick bread recipe.
- Granulated White Sugar- For this bread recipe, you could swap the sugar out for a healthier sugar substitute like Monkfruit Sweetener.
- Milk- Any milk will do for this apple cinnamon swirl bread! I used almond milk, because that is what I had on hand. You could use almond milk, soy milk, or cow's milk for this apple quick bread and it will come out perfect.
Why You'll LOVE It!
Perfect for Fall: Filled with loads of apples, and cinnamon flavor.
No Rising and Ready in an Hour
Versatile: Can be Frozen and Enjoyed for Months
Apple Bread Prep
- First, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set the cinnamon topping aside for now we will return to it shortly.
- Next, REMOVE THE PEEL from the large apple (Gala, Fuji, Granny Smith are great options) and chop into small pieces. Aim for pieces that are no larger than your thumbnail.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and granulated white sugar. Use a hand or stand mixer to whisk the two together until well combined. The apple bread mix will be crumbly.
- To the large bowl add the eggs, and vanilla extract. Continue to apple bread mix on med-low using the mixer. The batter will be soupy, and no large chunks should remain.
- Next add all your dry ingredients to the large bowl and stir until combined. You can just toss the dry ingredients into the large bowl, or you can combine the dry ingredients separately in their own bowl then add them to the large bowl. Either way the cinnamon bread will be great, so whichever you prefer.
- Finally, add the milk in and continue to stir the apple cinnamon bread batter. This will take a few minutes for the milk to get incorporated into the rest of the apple mixture.
- Once you have your apple mixture, cinnamon sugar topping ready and apple chopped you are ready to assemble and bake your apple cinnamon bread. Pour half of the apple bread batter in a greased parchment paper lined loaf pan.
- Next, sprinkle half of the chopped apples over the apple bread batter. Then sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar topping over the apples.
- Repeat step 2 by pouring the rest of the apple bread batter over the filling then top with the reaming apples and cinnamon sugar mix.
- Place the completed apple cinnamon bread into the preheated oven on the center rack for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F. Depending on your oven the apple bread may need more or less time to bake. Start checking the apple bread at 45 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the middle for doneness. Insert a toothpick in the center of the apple bread, when it comes out clean the apple loaf is finished.
- Let the apple cinnamon swirl bread rest and cool completely in the pan. Once cool, remove the bread from the pan, slice, and enjoy warm on its own or with butter.
Apple Cinnamon Bread is awesome leftover. I like to store mine at room temperature covered for up to 1 week. Rewarm in a microwave for about 15 seconds to get that fresh out of the oven taste.
Mini Loaf Instructions
You will get three mini loaves out of this one apple bread recipe. I recommend using 5.75 X 3 inch loaf pans if going to mini loaf route. To make mini loaves all the ingredients and prep are the same, but you will need to divide the apple bread batter, chopped apples and cinnamon sugar topping among 3 mini loaf pans instead of one large one.
Once divided, the mini apple loaves for 25-30 minutes and leave the oven temperature the same per recipe instructions.
Yes it absolutely can! To freeze the apple bread slice the bread into individual slices. Next, wrap each slice of homemade apple bread in cling wrap, then in aluminum foil. Place all of the wrapped apple quick bread into a large freezer bag and store in the freezer flat and not buried under a bunch of stuff if you can. This will help the bread not get smashed. When frozen the apple cinnamon swirl bread will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
When ready to eat the bread let it defrost first. You can defrost the bread at room temperature or put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until completely warmed through.
Granny smith apples are a great option for baking because they are tart, sweet and hold up when baking in the oven. I like this option and also find a firm Fuji or Gala apples work well for apple bread.
Warm it Up: To get that fresh out of the oven feel you can warm the cinnamon apple bread up in the microwave. To microwave the apple loaf, warm for 7-15 seconds or until warm. The quick bread doesn't need much time, so don't nuke it or the bread will be way too hot and have to cool off. You can enjoy the bread on it's own or with some butter spread on top.
Super Moist: To help keep the cinnamon apple bread fresh longer leave the bread whole then slice off what you want as you eat it. If you slice the entire loaf of bread right away it wont stay fresh as long.
You May Also Enjoy...
Easy Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the peel from the apple and chop into small pieces. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Combine softened butter and sugar in a large bowl and combine on low/med using a hand of stand mixer. This will be grainy and chunky.
- To the same large bowl add the eggs and vanilla extract. Continue to mix on low/med using the mixer. This will be soupy and no large chunks should remain.
- Next add the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl with the rest of ingredients and stir to combine. Lastly, add the milk and continue to stir with a spoon until incorporated.
- In a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan add half the batter then top with half of the chopped apples, followed by half of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat this layering one more time using the remaining ingredients.
- Place the apple bread in the oven on the center rack at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Once finished let stand in the pan for 10 minutes then remove, slice and enjoy warm on its own or with butter. Enjoy!Check out the recipe video for a more detailed look at prep!
- Leftover Storage: Store at room temperature covered for up to 1 week. Enjoy leftover at room temperature, warmed up, or with butter.
- Freezer Option: Wrap bread in cling wrap then foil and place in a freezer bag. I like to store mine in individual slices. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months and allow to defrost before eating. You can defrost the apple bread at room temperature or in the microwave until warmed through.
- Mini Loaves: You can make the bread into mini loaves if you wish. Follow the same recipe prep just reduce the cook time down to 25-30 minutes for 5.75 x 3 pans. If using that pan size this apple bread recipe will yield three mini loaves.
Thank You for Sharing!