Thanksgiving is a great time of the year to spend time with family, friends and of course EAT! These Easy Thanksgiving Recipes are a fun mix of classic and new!
Thanksgiving is almost here, repeat, Thanksgiving is almost here! Okay, guys so one of the biggest cooking holidays of the year is just around the corner and I felt it was my duty to share some incredible recipes that could work wonderfully for Thanksgiving OR Christmas. Thanksgiving has always been a big celebration in my family, so I have a special love for all things Fall and sides dishes. These easy Thanksgiving recipes feature some classic favorites, and some new/fun out of the box ideas that your family will love! I hope you and your family have an incredible Thanksgiving holiday and do lots of cooking, laughing and eating.
My Must Have Tools For An Easy Thanksgiving Dinner
- A Roasting Pan- If you are planning to roast a turkey, ham or chicken in the oven this Thanksgiving then you will absolutely need one of these guys! The last thing you want for your holiday is a soggy skinned turkey, trust me. I love this roasting pan because it has a rack built in the list the meat up and allow for better airflow and ultimately a better turkey.
- A Crockpot-A adore my slow cooker all the time, but even more so for the holidays. I love incorporating at least one slow cooker recipe to make for an easy Thanksgiving dinner. I can set and forget something and not have to fit for oven or stove space! Smaller slow cookers also work great for appetizers like dips to stay warm throughout the entire Thanksgiving celebration!
- Serving Platters-Serving platters work great during the holidays, because it allows you to put your finished food out so your guests can easily serve themselves. It also helps heard everyone to one area, freeing up real-estate by the oven. And if your family is anything like mine then people love standing by the oven lol.
- Assorted Baking Dishes-Some big, some small depending on the size of your Thanksgiving dinner party you will need an assortment for all your recipes you are baking in the oven.
- A Few Pots and Pans-Again, the amount and sizes you will need for your holiday party will depend on how many people you will need to feed. I usually have at least 3 pots going at a time during our family's Thanksgiving dinner.
- A Good Meat Thermometer -If you are cooking a turkey, ham or chicken then you really need a meat thermometer that is going to give you an accurate temperature reading. Really, you do not want to eat raw meat during your Thanksgiving dinner. Also, it is important to check your meat in several spots to make sure it is cooked throughout.
Some Fun Thanksgiving Extras
- Cooking Utensils- I really love this gold and black utensils set. You could use what you have of course, but I think this set is extra pretty and fun for Thanksgiving!
- Pretty Dishes- Okay, so absolutely not a requirement, but I love have some "fancy" dishes on holidays. Growing up we were a paper plate sort of family, so whenever mom busted out the glassware we knew we were in for some great food and good times! Also, they will make all your food pop in pictures.
A Fun Family Thanksgiving Tradition
Every year my family and I attend several Thanksgiving celebrations between mine and my husband's extended family. Now that we live far away these family holiday gatherings are even more fun and special to me. A fun tradition that my family started was the white table cloth tradition. It is super easy to do with your family and all you need is a Plain White Tablecloth and Sharpies.
The tradition works like this: each person that attends the Thanksgiving party will sign the tablecloth. It could be something as simple as their name, what they are thankful for, or even a picture. Once they write their message they date it with the year. We have been doing this since I was young, and I love seeing all the messages from people that have joined my family for Thanksgiving. Plus, it is fun to look back at your own messages and see how much you have changed through the years. This year will be my baby son Harrison's first Thanksgiving and I can't wait to have him "sign" the tablecloth!
Love this collection of Easy Thanksgiving Recipes?! Comment below and let me know your favorite!
Love this Easy Thanksgiving Recipes Collection? Check out 25 Easy Family Dinner Recipes next!
The start of the party! Many of these easy appetizers can be made ahead of time and are sure to be crowd pleasers! The BEST part of Thanksgiving! These holiday side dishes are simple, and will please a crowd. Of course you can't forget the turkey on Thanksgiving! Or can you? Check out these traditional and non-traditional Thanksgiving mains! There is always room for dessert on Thanksgiving even if you are bursting! These recipes feature all the classic Fall flavors, but are super easy to make. Can't forget the drinks during the holiday season. Some fun alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks great for parties!
The start of the party! Many of these easy appetizers can be made ahead of time and are sure to be crowd pleasers!
The BEST part of Thanksgiving! These holiday side dishes are simple, and will please a crowd.
Of course you can't forget the turkey on Thanksgiving! Or can you? Check out these traditional and non-traditional Thanksgiving mains!
There is always room for dessert on Thanksgiving even if you are bursting! These recipes feature all the classic Fall flavors, but are super easy to make.
Can't forget the drinks during the holiday season. Some fun alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks great for parties!