This simple, set-it-and-forget-it Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip recipe is perfect for game days and parties of all occasions. Pair with tortilla chips or pretzels for the perfect finish!
Looking for a tasty and crazy simple appetizer recipe perfect for game days, tailgates, parties and more? Then you will LOVE this Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip! This dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge and only requires basic kitchen tools and simple ingredients. This dip is packed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chili, salsa, corn and spices for a tasty combo with zero Velveeta. Pair with tortilla chips, pretzels, or crackers for the perfect pairing! Want to make this recipe vegetarian? No problem! Pair with my Vegetarian Chili recipe for a delicious veggie option. I hope you and your family love this tasty chili dip with cream cheese.
What You Need To Make Chili Cheese Dip
The kitchen tools you will need for the easy chili cheese dip are:
- A Small Crockpot: If you are making a double batch or more of this easy chili cheese dip you will need a bigger crockpot.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A Can Opener (If using canned chili)
- A Spoon
The ingredients you will need for this Crockpot Chili Cheese dip are:
- Frozen Corn: Canned corn will work as well just make sure your strain it first.
- Cream Cheese
- Your Favorite Salsa
- Evaporated Milk
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: I love using my homemade taco seasoning for this chili with cream cheese dip, but you can of course use a store-bought brand.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Alternatively, you could use a shredded Mexican blend cheese, colby-jack, or even add a bit of pepper jack for this chili cheese dip. I like to avoid using processed cheeses like Velveeta, therefore this dip does not include it.
- Corn Starch
- Canned or Leftover Homemade Chili: Canned chili with beans works fine for this recipe, or you could use some leftover homemade chili to really boost the flavor. I like to use some of my Sweet and Spicy Chili if I am keeping this dip more classic, or my Vegetarian Crockpot Chili to take this chili cheese dip vegetarian.
How To Make Chili Cheese Dip In A Crockpot
- Add shredded cheese, corn starch and taco seasoning to a small crockpot and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours until melted and warm. Make sure to stir the dip occasionally as well!
- Serve warm with tortillas chips or pretzels.
Check out the Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip Recipe for a more detailed look and prep!
Can this Chili with Cream Cheese Dip be made ahead of time?
Yes! This chili with cream cheese dip can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and re-warmed in a crockpot when ready to eat. I love doing it this way if I am making this dip for a party, game day or tailgate. When you add the dip back into the crockpot set it to WARM and stir occasionally. It should take about 1-2 hours to completely warm up and be ready to munch on.
Love Appetizers? Try These Next!
How to Store Leftover Chili Cheese Dip
Store leftover chili with cream cheese dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. When ready to re-warm you can either add all the chili dip back to the crockpot and set to WARM. This is great for if you make the dip ahead of time, and serving at a party or tailgate. Alternatively, you can scoop out the amount of chili dip you want into a microwave safe bowl, cover, and warm in 20 second increments until it is warm. Make sure to stir it as well so the heat is distributed evenly.
Love this Chili Cheese Dip recipe? Don’t forget to comment and rate below!
Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning Or Your Favorite Store-Bought Brand
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Your Favorite Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 15 Oz Can Chili with Beans or 2 cups of Homemade Chili
Suggested for Serving
- Tortilla Chips
- Add shredded cheese, corn starch and taco seasoning to a small crockpot and stir to combine. Once combined, add remaining ingredients to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours until warm and melted. Stir occasionally to make sure the chili cheese dip is well combined.
- Serve warm with crackers, pretzels, or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover chili with cream cheese dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. When ready to re-warm you can either add all the chili dip back to the crockpot or warm in the microwave until warm.
- Chili Options: If you are trying to save on time, canned chili work perfectly fine for this dip. Alternatively, you can use leftover homemade chili for an even better flavor. I love using my sweet and spicy chili or vegetarian crockpot chili if I have some leftover.
- Cheese Options: I like using cheddar cheese for this dip but you could use shredded Mexican cheese or Colby-Jack instead!
Thank You for Sharing!