Looking for some spicy, cheesy goodness in your life?! Well, here she is! This Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon is the perfect, simple appetizer recipe for parties of all kinds and great for any skill level in the kitchen.
As shocking as it is, it is already mid July! Is the time flying for anyone else or is it just me?! Well, soon enough Fall will be among us which means football, holiday parties and all the appetizers. This Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon Recipe is a favorite for my husband and I and always a hit when I bring it to share to a gathering with family and friends.
All the essential foods groups are covered: bacon, cheese, jalapenos, and more cheese for a creamy and delicious baked dip that everyone will love. This jalapeno popper dip is versatile and can be frozen, made ahead of time, and even placed in the crockpot to stay warm and delicious for hours. Let the spicy goodness commence!
- An Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- A 9x9 or 7x11 Inch Baking Dish
- A Small Strainer- Optional
- A Skillet
- A Knife and Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A Can Opener
- A Large Spoon for Mixing
- Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise
- Cooked Bacon: Check out my air fried bacon for the perfect crispy bacon. Plus, way easier and less clean up than on the stove-top.
- All the Cheese
- Diced Jalapenos- Canned or Fresh: If using jarred jalapenos make sure to drain them first! Also, I find that the fresh ones have more spice to them so keep that in mind when making this jalapeno dip recipe.
- Canned Diced Green Chilies
How to Make Popper Dip
When it comes to appetizer party recipes I love the simple ones that even my husband could whip up. I have ZERO desire to be in the kitchen all morning getting a recipe ready and would much rather enjoy myself than play hostess. This jalapeno popper dip with bacon recipe can be baked ahead of time and stored in a crockpot for easy serving, or be frozen for a later date. This jalapeno dip is perfect for any skill level and comes together easily and quickly.
Recipe Step By Step
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl. I like to have my cream cheese softened either by letting it sit at room temperature, or by popping it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Either way works!
- Use a hand mixer on low and beat until to mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the dip into a 9x9 or 7x11 inch baking dish and smooth to form an even layer of dip.
- Optional- Top with additional shredded cheese and cooked bacon for an extra punch of goodness! Plus, the cheese pull will be epic.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the dip is bubbling and hot.
- Serve the Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon immediately with additional jalapenos, Ritz Crackers, veggies, or tortilla chips.
Skip the Mixer: If you do not have a hand or stand mixer (or just don't feel like using it) that is perfectly fine. You can use a fork and spoon to mash the cream cheese, and mayo together instead. This will leave your jalapeno popper dip a bit chunkier and not as smooth, but once it is all baked together it is pretty tough to notice any difference.
DRAIN THE JALAPENOS: For this dip recipe I like using canned diced green chilies and jalapenos. For me it is easier and saves me the time of dicing up fresh ones. You can absolutely use fresh ones if you wish, but if you are going the canned route don't forget to drain the juice from the cans before adding them into the jalapeno popper dip.
You can do this by using a small strainer or just holding the lid over top and letting a little juice out at a time. The extra liquid will make the texture weird and honestly jalapeno juice is weird, so get rid of it!
Yes, you can make this baked jalapeno popper dip ahead of time and either store in the freezer or combine the dip, store in the fridge and bake up to 24 hours later. When ready to bake follow recipe instructions.
Store leftover jalapeno popper dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat the jalapeno dip, place in a bowl, cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds until warm. Stir the dip to distribute heat and enjoy with dippers of your choice.
Yes, the jalapeno dip can be frozen for up to 3 months in a freezer safe bag or container. When ready to eat let the jalapeno popper dip thaw in fridge overnight and reheat.
Oven Method: Place jalapeno bacon dip in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until warmed through. This is great if you are wanting to enjoy a large amount right away.
Microwave Method: Place dip in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds until warm. Stir to distribute heat and serve warm. This method works great for small servings.
Crockpot Method: Place jalapeno popper dip in crockpot on LOW for 1 hour. After an hour stir the dip and turn down to WARM. This is great if you are wanting the dip to stay warm for a long period of time like a party.
More Awesome Appetizers
- Ritz Crackers
- Tortilla Chips
- Baby Carrots
- Celery Sticks
To make it vegan you can use a cheese, mayo, and cream cheese alternative and check out some awesome vegan "bacon" options here! Making the jalapeno popper dip vegetarian is bit easier by either using an alternative meat option or by eliminating the bacon all together. Obviously, using all plant based products will change the texture and taste of this recipe some, but it will still be amazing.
I hope you, your family and friends love this Jalapeno Bacon Dip! Let me know in the comment section below.
Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon Recipe
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 Cups Mexican Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Colby Jack Cheese Shredded
- 7 Stripes Bacon Cooked
- 4 Oz Canned Diced Green Chiles Strained
- 4 Oz Canned Diced Jalapenos Strained
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Use a hand mixer and beat on low for 30-60 seconds until well combined and smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add dip to a 9x9 or 7x11 inch baking dish and smooth into an even layer. Add additional cheese and cooked bacon to the top if desired.
- Bake on the center rack for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbling. Serve immediately with suggested dippers and enjoy!See Notes for Recipe Alterations and Storage Options!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheating Instructions: Microwave: Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds until dip is warmed through. Stir to distribute heat and enjoy immediately. Oven: Place dip in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until warm. Crockpot: Place dip in a crockpot on LOW for 1 hour. After an hour switch to WARM and stir occasionally.
- Crockpot Option: If wanting to keep dip warm for a long period of time place baked dip in a crockpot on WARM. Stir occasionally to avoid the bottom from burning.
- Freezer Option: Store baked dip in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Before reheating de-thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Vegetarian/Vegan Option: Use vegan cheese, mayo and cream cheese alternatives and a "fake bacon" or eliminate the bacon all together.
- Make Ahead Option: Mix and combine ingredients and store in the fridge. Bake up to 24 hours later.
- Alternate Prep: Skip the hand or stand mixer and mixer to a fork instead. The dip will be a tad chunkier but taste all the same!
Thank You for Sharing!