This quick and easy Creamy Caesar Dressing recipe comes together in about 5 minutes and is the perfect addition to salads, chicken or wraps.
It is no secret that I love making my own dressing recipes instead of buying store bought when I can. I love that I can customize the flavors and they are SO DANG SIMPLE to make. This Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing is ready in only 5 minutes and great for a variety of uses.
This Caesar Dressing works great on salads, in wraps as a dipping sauce for veggies and as a marinade for a variety of meats.
- Measure out all of your ingredients, then combine them in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk to combine until Caesar dressing is creamy and no chunks of Parmesan Cheese remain. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Why You'll LOVE It!
Quick & Easy: No Cooking, Easy Prep and Ready in 5 Minutes!
Versatile: Great for Salads, Wraps, Chicken or as a Marinade
Yes, in traditional Caesar salad dressing recipes many include raw eggs, which are known to carry salmonella. I prefer to prepare my homemade dressing without this ingredient to avoid the risk since my children eat the dressing. I think the flavor is not changed much by leaving it out and it still has the classic flavor.
When a dressing is chilled they will often thicken and loosen up at room temperature. If the dressing is still too thick at room temperature, thin it with a little milk, water or olive oil. You won't need to add much and start with just a tsp.
Yes, while both the dressings have a similar color and texture they have a very different flavor profile. Ranch dressing uses herbs and spices like dill, onion powder, garlic and parsley. Caesar dressing uses a simple combination of salt, pepper and garlic but has add-ins like anchovies and Worcestershire sauce for a more complex flavor.
Store leftover salad dressing in an airtight container (mason jar works well) in the fridge for up to 1 week. Stir or shake before using to recombine ingredients.
Caesar dressing has several uses beyond the classic Caesar salad and can be used in a variety of creative ways. Some of my favorite ways to enjoy this dressing are:
- With a Caesar Salad: This is the classic way to incorporate Caesar dressing and always a great option for a side or main dish.
- On Top of Meat: A great way to utilized this dressing is using it as a marinade for chicken or pork. You can bake or grill the meat for a simple and flavorful main dish.
- In a Wrap: Whip up a Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap with this homemade dressing for the perfect lunch.
- As a Dip: Caesar dressing works great as a dip for meat like chicken or pork, French fries or raw veggies.
Super Smooth: If you want to ensure that the dressing is super smooth you can blend the salad dressing in a food processor or blender instead of using a whisk.
Too Thick: I like my Caesar salad dressing a little thick and creamy, but it can be thinned out for a more classic texture. If the dressing is too thick for your taste you can use a small amount of buttermilk or plain milk to thin it out. Adjust a teaspoon at a time so you do not add too much liquid and dilute the flavor.
Anchovies in Dressing?!
I know it sounds strange (and a little off-putting), but anchovies gives Caesar Dressing its classic flavor and gives it more dimension. I like to use anchovy paste, instead of emulsifying whole anchovies to make it a little less ick. If you wanted to leave this ingredient out you could add in more Worcestershire sauce for a similar effect, but the dressing will be a little flat and one dimensional.
You May Also Enjoy...
Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil If you prefer a thinner dressing add more too taste
- Measure out all of your ingredients, then combine them in a medium sized bowl. Whisk to combine until Caesar dressing is creamy and no chunks of Parmesan Cheese remain. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.