Summer is almost here, which mean grilling season is almost here! This BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings recipe is sweet, a bit spicy and smokey for a delicious flavor combination.
Can summer just get here already?! Spring is here, and I am itching to get out into the sunshine and start the grill up. This BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings recipe combines my two summer favorite: BBQ and peaches.
These crispy wings are sweet, a touch spicy and smokey for a wonderful flavor explosion. Pair these wings with my homemade hot peach jam sauce for the perfect finish. I hope you and your family love this grilled wings recipe and have a great summer.
BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings are the ultimate summer grill recipe.
- Tongs and a Basting Brush: I like to baste the BBQ Peach Wings while they are grilling each time I flip them. This isn't required, but packs a lot more flavor.
- A Grill or Grill Pan
- A Large Prep Bowl
- A Small Sauce Pan
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- A Large Plate or Cookie Sheet
- Chicken Wings: If you aren't feeling chicken wings you can use different cuts of chicken including chicken breasts, thighs, or even legs. The cook time will differ for each so be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.
- Peach Jam/Jelly
- Hot Sauce and Chili Sauce: My favorite hot sauce to use is Frank's Hot, but you can use your favorite.
- Dried Spices
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Make BBQ Peach Wings
- Chicken Prep
Sprinkle chicken wings with salt and pepper and add to a large bowl. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients to the bowl of chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge letting the wings marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill Prep
Once the wings are done marinating prep your grill. Before heating your grill, be sure to spray your grill with cooking spray then heat your gas or charcoal grill to 375-400 degrees F.
- Grilling the Wings
Place the peach wings on the hot grill and cook for 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes until fully cooked. While the wings are grilling begin to make the peach dipping sauce.
- Peach Dipping Sauce
For the peach dipping sauce, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan, stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and let sit to chill until the chicken wings are cooked.
- Finishing Touches
When the wings are fully cooked, remove from the grill and serve warm with the peach dipping sauce and chopped green onion.
Tips and Tricks
Spray the Grill: This is a super important step when grilling chicken wings. Before you fire up your grill give it a really good spray of cooking spray. This will help the wings not stick and give your peach wings a good sear.
Marinade: I highly recommend letting the chicken wings marinade for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavor to develop. Ideally The wings should marinade for 2 hours, but if all you have is 20 minutes that will work too.
Grilling Tips: When I grill wings like like to turn them several times. This helps the wings cook through fully, but also get a great char on the outside for a crispy finish. Another great time is to brush the wings with the leftover marinade after you flip them to give the wings ever more flavor.
Check out these other Great Grill Recipes for Summer
Store leftover crispy grilled chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. For best results I like to store the chicken wings separate from the peach jam sauce and then combine them when I am ready to eat.
To rewarm the wings heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until heated all the way through. Alternatively, you can place the wings on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven for 10-15 at 300 degrees F. There is no need to heat the peach jam sauce, but you can if you wish.
Yes, these peach wings can be made in the oven instead of on the grill. The flavor will still be the same, but you will not get the same char or smoke flavor you will get on a barbecue grill.
To make chicken wings in the oven, follow the recipe instructions for prep and marinade. After the wings are marinaded, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake the wings in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked fully cooked through.
Summer is right around the corner and I hope you and your family go nuts for these BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings! If you love wings be sure to check out my Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings with Sweet Chili Sauce.
BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- Sprinkle chicken wings with salt and pepper and add to a large bowl. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients to the bowl of chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge letting the wings marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the wings are done marinating prep your grill. Before heating your grill spray your grill with cooking spray then heat your gas or charcoal grill to 375-400 degrees F.
- Place the peach wings on the hot grill and cook for 15-20 minutes turning every 5 minutes and brushing the leftover marinade over the wings until fully cooked. In between flips close the grill lid to help them cook though fully. While the wings are grilling begin to make the peach dipping sauce.
- When the wings are fully cooked, remove from the grill and serve warm with the peach dipping sauce.
Peach Dipping Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and stir. Bring to a boil then, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the peach sauce from the heat and let sit at room temperature until the chicken wings are cooked. The sauce will thicken slightly.
Marinade TimeI recommend marinating these wings for at least 20 minutes to help the flavor develop. Ideally, the wings should marinate for hours, but 20 minutes will do if that is all the time you have.
Leftover StorageStore leftover grilled chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Rewarm thoroughly before eating.
Thank You for Sharing!