Summer is almost here, which mean grilling season is almost here! This BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings recipe is sweet, a bit spicy and smokey for a delicious flavor combination.
Can summer just get here already?! Spring is here, and I am itching to get out into the sunshine and start the grill up. This BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings recipe combines my two summer favorite: BBQ and peaches.
These crispy wings are sweet, a touch spicy and smoky for a wonderful flavor explosion. Pair these wings with my homemade hot peach jam sauce for the perfect finish. I hope you and your family love this grilled wings recipe and have a great summer.
- Chicken Wings: If you aren't feeling chicken wings you can use different cuts of chicken including chicken breasts, thighs, or even legs. The cook time will differ for each so be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.
- Peach Jam: Peach jam or preserves will work as well.
- Hot Sauce and Chili Sauce: My favorite hot sauce to use is Frank's Hot, but you can use your favorite.
Why You'll LOVE Them!
Super Tasty: Sweet, Spicy and Smoky for a Great Flavor
Versatile: Use the Marinade on a Variety of Cuts of Chicken
Summer Favorite: The Peach Flavor makes these a hit for 4th of July & backyard BBQs
Sprinkle chicken wings with salt and pepper and add to a large bowl. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients to the bowl of chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge letting the wings marinade for at least 30 minutes.
Once the wings are done marinating prep your grill. Before heating your grill, be sure to spray your grill with cooking spray then heat your gas or charcoal grill to 375-400 degrees F.
Grilling the Wings
Place the peach wings on the hot grill and cook for 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes until fully cooked. While the wings are grilling begin to make the peach dipping sauce.
Peach Dipping Sauce
For the peach dipping sauce, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan, stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and let sit to chill until the chicken wings are cooked.
When the wings are fully cooked (165 degrees internal temperature), remove from the grill and serve warm with the peach dipping sauce and chopped green onion.
Leftover Storage Instructions
Store leftover grilled wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store peach jam sauce in a separate container for best results.
Spray the Grill: This is a super important step when grilling chicken wings. Before you fire up your grill give it a really good spray of cooking spray. This will help the wings not stick and give your peach wings a good sear.
Marinade: I highly recommend letting the chicken wings marinade for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavor to develop. Ideally The wings should marinade for 2 hours, but if all you have is 20 minutes that will work too.
Grilling Tips: When I grill wings like like to turn them several times. This helps the wings cook through fully, but also get a great char on the outside for a crispy finish. Another great time is to brush the wings with the leftover marinade after you flip them to give the wings ever more flavor.
No, chicken wings should be thawed before marinating and grilling them. Chicken wings will not properly cook and burn on the outside and not fully cook internally when frozen.
It takes 20-25 minutes for chicken wings to fully cook on an outdoor grill at around 350 degrees F.
Chicken can be marinated for as little as 20 minutes, or up to 12 hours depending on the ingredients. The longer chicken marinates the more flavor will develop and help keep the chicken tender while cooking.
Yes, these peach wings can be made in the oven instead of on the grill. The flavor will still be the same, but you will not get the same char or smoke flavor you will get on a barbecue grill.
To make chicken wings in the oven, follow the recipe instructions for prep and marinade. After the wings are marinated, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake the wings in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked fully cooked through.
You May Also Enjoy...
BBQ Peach Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- Sprinkle chicken wings with salt and pepper and add to a large bowl. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients to the bowl of chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge letting the wings marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the wings are done marinating prep your grill. Before heating your grill spray your grill with cooking spray then heat your gas or charcoal grill to 375-400 degrees F.
- Place the peach wings on the hot grill and cook for 15-20 minutes turning every 5 minutes and brushing the leftover marinade over the wings until fully cooked. In between flips close the grill lid to help them cook though fully. While the wings are grilling begin to make the peach dipping sauce.
- When the wings are fully cooked, remove from the grill and serve warm with the peach dipping sauce.
Peach Dipping Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and stir. Bring to a boil then, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the peach sauce from the heat and let sit at room temperature until the chicken wings are cooked. The sauce will thicken slightly.