These better-for-you Pistachio Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe is the perfect 30 minute dinner recipe for busy weeknights! These chicken tenders are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults.
Back to school for all the kiddos is here and weeknights are just that much more busy again! This Pistachio Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe is the perfect 30 minute dinner recipe that both kids and adults will adore. This better-for-you chicken tender recipe is made with Mazola® Corn Oil, pistachios, and plain non-fat Greek yogurt for a delicious combo. Get ready to fall in love with this lighter baked chicken tender recipe, enjoy
Prepping the Chicken
- Combine plain non-fat Greek yogurt, Mazola Corn Oil, lemon juice and spices in a medium shallow bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for now. We will get back to this in a moment.
- In a food processor or blender, add the pistachios (no shells) and pulse on low-med speed until fine and few to no chunks remain. Personally, I like some chunks because it gives the baked chicken tenders a nice crunch. You can do the same or pulse until the pistachios are fine like breadcrumbs. Either way, pour the crushed pistachios into a second shallow bowl with grated Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Take your chicken tenders one at a time and dredge them into the Greek yogurt mixture and allow any excess to fall off. Next, cover the chicken tender in the crushed pistachios mix.
- Place the pistachio crushed chicken tender on a greased baking sheet (with metal rack insert if you have one). Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all chicken tenders are coated.
- Once you have prepped and coated all of the chicken tenders it is time for those bad boys to go into the oven! Cook the pistachio crusted chicken tenders at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes flipping the chicken tenders halfway through.
- After 20 minutes check the baked chicken tenders with a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked through.
Tip 1: Place the pistachio crusted chicken tenders on a wire baking rack to help them cook evenly. I like doing this so the bottom of the chicken tenders aren't smushed and soggy. This is optional, so if you have an oven safe wire rack bust it out for this baked chicken tenders recipe!
Tip 2: I like to broil the baked chicken tenders for 3-5 minutes AFTER the 20 minutes of cooking. Again, this step is completely optional, but it helps the pistachio crusted chicken tenders get super crispy on the outside!
These pistachio crusted baked chicken tenders make a great quick weeknight dinner for both kids and adults. To stick with the better-for-you theme of this baked chicken tenders recipe, I chose to serve the chicken tenders along side some mixed vegetables. This is a great option, and you can incorporate whatever veggies you have at home. Some other great serving options include a side salad or roasted vegetables.
Baked chicken tenders just wouldn't be complete without some dip to go along with them! For these chicken tenders, I had to use my Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip. The ranch dip compliments the baked chicken tenders perfectly, and it is super quick to prepare! Of course, you could use a different sauce like avocado ranch or Dijon mustard for these baked chicken tenders if you prefer.
This Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe is simple and leftovers can be stored in the fridge. This makes this easy chicken tenders recipe a wonderful option for meal prep and work week lunches. Store leftover baked chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To rewarm baked chicken tenders, place on a microwave safe plate and heat 30-60 seconds until warmed through. Alternatively, the pistachio crusted chicken tenders can be reheated in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until warmed through.
More Quick & Easy Recipes
15 Minute Margherita Naan Pizza
Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwich
Pepper Lemon Chicken Thighs
Avocado Kale Salad
Easy Chicken Wraps with Oranges
I hope you and your family adore this Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe with Crushed Pistachios. I would love to here from you, don't forget to comment and rate below.
Pistachio Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders
- 4 tablespoon Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ⅓ Cups Pistachios Without the Shells
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Combine the plain non-fat greek yogurt, Mazola Corn Oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika in a medium shallow bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour pistachios into a food processor or blender and pulse until little to no chunks remain. Pour the crushed pistachios into a second shallow bowl with Parmesan Cheese.
- Dredge each chicken tender one at a time into the Greek yogurt mixture letting the excess drip off. Next, dip the chicken tender into the crushed pistachios mix and place on a greased cookie sheet with wire rack insert. Repeat until all chicken tenders are coated.
- Bake chicken tenders for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F flipping the tenders halfway through. After 20 minutes check the internal temperature to ensure the chicken tenders are cooked though. Optional: Broil the chicken tenders on high for 3 minutes for an extra crispy finish!Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!
- Leftover Storage: Store leftover baked chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To rewarm, heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until warmed through.
- Serving Suggestions: I love serving this chicken tenders recipe with my healthy Greek yogurt dip. Another great option is a creamy hummus dip or avocado ranch. Some great sides for these tenders include oven baked french fries, roasted vegetables, or a side salad.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Thank You for Sharing!
This was very good but the crust would fall off. Any tips so more crust would stay on the chicken?
For the crust you can grind up the nuts very fine like bread crumbs and it helps stick better 🙂
These baked chicken tenders look crunchy and delicious everything a chicken tender should be. Your greek yogurt ranch looks like the perfect dipping sauce for these tenders.
I love this unique chicken recipe and how it uses pistachios! So good!
Pistachios are so wonderful used in this way! I've had many different varieties of chicken tenders before, but this is my new favorite.
I love how fast and easy this is to make! That pistachio coating looks divine!
My family loved this! The pistachios were such a great crust.